Silverstone PSU's

i HAD one..Silverstone 360W..but it couldnt supply enuf juice for my 8 hdds and 2 dvd burners..not to mention..the 6x80mm tornados and the 92mm tornado on my cpu
sold it off as the voltage would drop very low...but how u can blame it..i had it stacked...replaced it with enermax 465 with folllowing specs
3V = 35A
5V = 35A
12V = 33A

Id only reccomend it since it is silent...

when you said "the voltage would drop very low"....... how "low" does it go?? i'm looking at this PSU right now because at the moment, I have a generic one. Here's my setup:

Msi k7n2-delta
2500 barton @ 3200
Hynix 512 DDR
Sapphire 9600 Pro
3 Case fans
2 HD's (5400 rpm)
A floppy
CD-RW

do you think the 360 watt SilverStone is good enough?

6x80mm tornados?! :eek: Those puppies are at least 10 watts apiece!
Coupled with 8 hard drives, it's no wonder it couldn't keep up!
For that system, you probably would be fine; However, since we don't have any information on the OEM behind Silverstone, consider it a generic supply and treat it as such. No guarentees

Vertigo Acid said:
However, since we don't have any information on the OEM behind Silverstone, consider it a generic supply and treat it as such. No guarentees
Those fellas over at oc forums swear thats another spawn of Sirtec (?)

SilverStone power supplies are made by Enhance, not Sirtec. I guess those fellas over at OC forums swear wrong? :D

tonyou said:
SilverStone power supplies are made by Enhance, not Sirtec. I guess those fellas over at OC forums swear wrong? :D
Sirtec makes enhance also :p

tonyou said:
No they don't. Enhance makes their own power supplies.
Just quoting others much more knowledgeable than myself (oc forums). These people claim that Sirtec makes a whole slew of name brand psu's. I'll list some of them here:

Enlight
Thermaltake
Seasonic
Enhance
Chieftec
Either the Zalman or Vantec but i can't remember which
I think the Aspire as well, but i'm absolutely unsure
Tagan (?)

I obviously have very little first hand knowledge of this whole topic, i can only take another more knowledgeable person's word for it ;)

Zalmans are Fortron, and Vantecs are Topower (dunno about the ION tho, might be a sirtec)

I don't know about the others on that list, but I am 100% sure Enhance does not belong in there. Which thread on OC forum did you see it?

I have a Silverstone PSU in my computer... bought one when it first came out for $45 over at Excaliberpc. Still runs fine.

so bottom line, are the silverstone psu's "up there" with the antec's and enermax's??

Vertigo Acid said:
Zalmans are Fortron
Really... I'll have to consider them in the future then.

Is there a chart somewhere where I can match up PSU vendors and manufacturers?

nah... i got the silverstone sst-360.... it's not the fan-less model.. it has one 120 mm fan

Back