Silent Boost vs. Zalman 7000

dewhite

Gawd
I just replaced my Gigabyte 7n400pro with an Abit NF7-S the other day. What's the difference you ask? Well besides the fact that the Abit works and doesn't suck - it has those neat little mounting holes for heavy HSFs.

Which leads me to wonder how much performance increase I'd get from switching my Tt Silent Boost (which I bought because I didnt have the mounting holes for the Zalman) to the Zalman 7000 Cu. I'm not concerned with which is more silent, as the Tt is near inaudible already.

Assume for now that I have another project PC to stick the Silent Boost into if I buy the Zalman, so don't worry about this being a waste of money. Also, I'm already planning to mount one of those fanless zalman northbridge sinks - so don't worry about the hassle of changing out the HSF.

If that doesn't negate anything ya'll were going to say, then I'd love to hear any input you guys have on the performance differential between these two HSFs...

i dont think the Zalman will fit onto the NF7-S
did u check Zalman's website? well, it dont really matter cuz u wont see that much of an improvement over ur TT SilentBoost

I ordered a silent boost for my 2700+ on my A7N8X-X. Can't wait for it to get here.. (1-2 days) Hope it's a huge step up from my stock HSF.

Originally posted by ST|FFY
i dont think the Zalman will fit onto the NF7-S
did u check Zalman's website? well, it dont really matter cuz u wont see that much of an improvement over ur TT SilentBoost
Right you are - how dissapointing is that? Well at least I don't have to decide now. I suppose I'm staying with the Silent Boost after all...

i dont think that its that disapointing, after all....the TT SilentBoost is very good HSF:D

the kamakaze has both of those heatsinks beat for a amd setup. its quiet and cools quite well

Originally posted by [hard]420
the kamakaze has both of those heatsinks beat for a amd setup. its quiet and cools quite well

i've never heard of that (but I've been out of the cooling loop for a month or so)...I find it hard to believe its better than a 7000Cu, which keeps my friends 2500+@2800+ under 100 full load in a hot room

Originally posted by [hard]420
i have no idea what HSF that is, can u provide a link?

its called the scythe kamakaze (google is your friend) looks like a alpha pal has a werid cliping mechanism but cools great. im getting 1 c lower with it over a slk800u with a smartfan2, but the nosie level of the kamakaze is silent with these temps compared to the slk. it cools on par with a slk series. then theres the aero cool deep impact dp102 its rather expensive im palying with one right now but im have mobo problems so i cant really comment on temps, but the hour or so i played around with it i got some awsum temps 31c idle on a 2500+@3200+ speeds 1.7 volts never got a chance to get a load temp

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/scythe-kamakaze-cpu-cooler.php

Originally posted by kronchev
i've never heard of that (but I've been out of the cooling loop for a month or so)...I find it hard to believe its better than a 7000Cu, which keeps my friends 2500+@2800+ under 100 full load in a hot room

I hope that's the temperature Fahrenheit and not Celsius :p

Back