Share in my joy.....I finally did it!!!!!

fr33ze

Gawd
hey cornelious0_0, any luck with the new ram yet, this threads been quiet for a while now

Originally posted by fr33ze
hey cornelious0_0, any luck with the new ram yet, this threads been quiet for a while now

Sry man, not very fast on the updates. I've gone through a couple system revamps since I've posted last and there's another on the way. I'm switching to a 2.6C in a P4C800-E with my Corsair Ram and I already ditched the shuttle.

I'll have updates at about the 8th or so when I get the CPU with some new OC results.....I'm hopeing for 21k for sure with that setup.....plus my newly modded 9800XT and new case on the way.

More updates on the way tongiht when I get home from work, ttyl.

hehe, got something for you guys, i just pulled this bench outta my ass the other night, no real tweaking involved. just ramp up the FSB :)...

i can do a lot better, my cpu is running 200mhz low, and i'm running Single channel.

my video card can clock up to 520-530/ 391 easily. let's say I can do 22k with ease. ;)

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7402321

You just wait.....I'll show you all what I can really do. ;)

Updates on the rest of the up-and-coming system after supper. :cool:

Originally posted by Stang Man
hehe, got something for you guys, i just pulled this bench outta my ass the other night, no real tweaking involved. just ramp up the FSB :)...

i can do a lot better, my cpu is running 200mhz low, and i'm running Single channel.

my video card can clock up to 520-530/ 391 easily. let's say I can do 22k with ease. ;)

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7402321

Wow, I did 22k in July of last year. Havent run it since on my main box. Which since then I have added a Mach II, a 9800XT, and 1gig of PC4000.. Before it was a water setup, 9800 Pro, and 512 PC3500.

In short, not impressed..

Originally posted by fallguy

And so is the way of the overclocker.....if anything else you've got a really nice system that is sure to get its fair share of oohs and aahs. ;)

I appreciate you guys sharing and all and I don't wanna seem rude or anything but please don't start taking over my thread. I know that isn't what anyone is trying to do but I just thought I'd let you guys know that this thread isn't dead yet. :D :cool:

Wow, I did 22k in July of last year. Havent run it since on my main box. Which since then I have added a Mach II, a 9800XT, and 1gig of PC4000.. Before it was a water setup, 9800 Pro, and 512 PC3500.

Oh no. What will we do. All of us were here just to impress you, but now that has failed.

Where's my hairy-cairy sword!

I'd love to hear more about your system. It sounds like a beast. But alas I'm not impressed by your attitude. When did the old and [Hard become so bitter and jaded?

Im not bitter and jaded. Thought Id respond to his ";)". For some reason that annoys me :shrug:

Alright, I've got some more details on my system. This is how she's gonna be sitting in under a week:

Intel Pentium 4 2.6C
Asus P4C800-E
ATI Radeon 9800XT 256MB
Corsair TwinX1024-3200C2PT
Antec Sonata

It's looking to be a really nice rig and I hope to have her up and running in less then 1 week. I've done some slight mods/enhancements to the XT's cooling that should really help out my overclocks, especially with the 80cfm 120mm I'm putting right infront of it. ;)

The Sonata is a magnificent case but I'm afraid I'm going to be cuttin' it up to add a full sidepanel window, mostly to get rid of that Antec punchout at the top.....and who DOESN'T like taking a peek inside their baby every once and awhile. :p

More updates are/will be on the way once I get everything assembled. Seeing as I has only 500 short of 20k with the Shuttle clocked at 3GHz.....I can hardly wait to see what kind of numbers I'll have to show you guys with a much higher CPU clock/video card.

Keep checkin' back, I won't let this thread die. :D :cool:

Well I'm sorry to see the Shuttle go cornelious. I take it you had problems with the other memory too? I know the little things have their drawbacks, but I like 'em anyway.

Were you able to RMA the Shuttle?

Can't wait to see the XT mods.

Hey fallguy, you caught me on a bad day. I know you're not a dick. Its just you sounded really snotty there for a minute.

"I'm not impressed." --- Its making me laugh now.

Originally posted by ItsTooHot
Well I'm sorry to see the Shuttle go cornelious. I take it you had problems with the other memory too? I know the little things have their drawbacks, but I like 'em anyway.

Were you able to RMA the Shuttle?

Can't wait to see the XT mods.

There is/was no OTHER memory. After my PC2100 I got this 1GB Corsair PC3200 Platinum and I've been using it ever since. The shuttle mobo just ran into the stupid problem some boards have with the CH-5 chips on the memory and not wanting to boot above 250FSB.....it had to go. I actually ended up selling the 2.4C and the Shuttle online so I made enough change back to pay for THIS rig. ;) I was originally planning on a nice nForce2 rig but then I thought.....Hyper-Threading. :p

the reason I went with the P4C800-E over another MAX3! is because from what I've seen, the P4C800-E has been reviewed many times over and often tested with a myriad of different ram sticks.....some known to have the CH-5 chips and some that are known to be BH-5. After seeing a review where both v1.1 and v1.2 Corsair PC3200 was tested and overclocked just fine I feel a lot safer about getting back over 250FSB and having some fun again.....this time with some REAL memory. :)

The XT mods aren't anything visual by any means, just some little enhancements to the cooling "under the hood." There was NO compound on any of the ram and the stuff on the core sucked so I cleaned it all up and replaced the "pads" on the ram with some Arctic Silver Ceramique and also added a fine coat to the core.

I can't wait to see what this beast'll do once I've got it all up and running. Stay tuned. :)

EDIT: I might have the CPU and Case up and ready to go as early as Monday or Tuesday, depending on how long it takes for Vibe to refund my direct deposit from my cancelled order.....usually takes <24hours. I've come upon some nicer prices in town to the point where after taxes (GST and PST) it's actually 54 cents cheaper then getting the two things from Vibe with standard shipping.....that could take up to 5 days max.

Now it'll just come down to when I get my hands on the mobo. The guy has the money and should be sending it out ASAP.....it'll probly be the last thing to get here now. :( O well, at least everything's in order.

good luck with the new rig brah.
the asus p4c800 e deluxe is a great board.

just so nobody gets miss informed all shuttles in the 865 family overclock the same which i think is 355 for the fsb.

i myself went for the 62 one, cause i wanted it black and wanted the ICH5-R south bridge for my raptors. which the 65 doesnt have:(.

and then 2 weeks later the 875 model came out:(

i got on mine CMX512-3500C2, and i had some problems too at the begining, all was solved by sticking to their default values on the timings, as soon as i relaxed them the computer wouldnt post.

ok, do it on the same hardware. :rolleyes:

i'm all about using what you got to get a better score, not just go out and buy new hardware. i'd be willing to bet, on the same hardware level, i can ooze out more points than you can.

good luck with the new rig brah. the asus p4c800 e deluxe is a great board.

Thx, that's all I've been hearing and I can hardly wait to get it up and running.

just so nobody gets miss informed all shuttles in the 865 family overclock the same which i think is 355 for the fsb.

Not originally true.....when the 62 first came out it was capped at 255 just like the 75. Only after a later BIOS revision was it possible to climb as high on the FSB.

i myself went for the 62 one, cause i wanted it black and wanted the ICH5-R south bridge for my raptors. which the 65 doesnt have.

That is the one thing that I noticed between the two which WOULD cause a lot of people to stay away. Even though we're dealing with a SFF here, most people don't use a floppy drive and as a result, will be looking to do Raid0 in their little box.....which the 65G2 sadly cannot offer. :(

i got on mine CMX512-3500C2, and i had some problems too at the begining, all was solved by sticking to their default values on the timings, as soon as i relaxed them the computer wouldnt post.

I wish my problems were solved that easily. It didn't matter what I did, I couldn't get it to post over 250FSB. Sadly, it was my mobo that didn't like the CH-5 chips on my ram, which does happen with a number of i865/i875 boards out there.....which is why I'm going with the P4C800-E, most compatible and problem free board (memory wise) out there.

i'd be willing to bet, on the same hardware level, i can ooze out more points than you can.

Please guys, don't do this here. This is why we have PMs.....settle this personally if you have to but please don't start a fight about something trivial and completely unrelated in my thread. I know you'd say the same if it was your thread being "dumped on" so please.....don't.

The mobo is getting shipped out tomorrow and I'm getting the CPU and Sonata in the next few days so I should have it all up and running by wednesday or thursday. :D

Wow keep us updated! I mean, I hope everyone makes threads like this and endlessly bumps them! Then we can have a huge congested mess of a forum!

Wow keep us updated! I mean, I hope everyone makes threads like this and endlessly bumps them! Then we can have a huge congested mess of a forum!

What the hell is your problem? Don't be such an ass, I did nothing wrong.....I did nothing to offend you.....and I haven't pissed anyone off.

I'm not endlessly bumping my thread, and it isn't wrong to respond to people when they post in your own threads either so please lay off the sarcasm.

I can see if I was just putting in "bump" over and over again why you'd be acting like this but until I do I really don't appreciate when people act/talk like this.....and I'm sure you wouldn't either if it was your thread.

PM me if you've got some personal issue to work out but plz don't be publicly rude and sarcastic like this, it only promotes others to do the same.....and THAT is something we really don't need.

I hate you :) :) :)

Nice scores though! I finally got my tweaking done so I can get 18.8k and 7k.

Originally posted by Spidey329
I hate you :) :) :)

Nice scores though! I finally got my tweaking done so I can get 18.8k and 7k.

awww.....I hate you too. ;)

I'm glad to hear that you've gotten somewhere with your rig. I don't wanna bash you for having a "low" score for that kind of setup but I am concerned that you're missing out on something important 'cus you SHOULD be way higher.

Oops, guess I'd better shutup.....before I get accused of bumping my thread again.....sheesh

Originally posted by cornelious0_0
awww.....I hate you too. ;)

I'm glad to hear that you've gotten somewhere with your rig. I don't wanna bash you for having a "low" score for that kind of setup but I am concerned that you're missing out on something important 'cus you SHOULD be way higher.

Oops, guess I'd better shutup.....before I get accused of bumping my thread again.....sheesh

Yep, my thoughts exactly.

I'm going to redo the cooler on the 9800XT for some overclocking madness. Then around Feb, I'm going to sell off my P4C800 Mobo and 2.8C chip for a 3.0C (since they're only like $40 more now) Prescott chip. Maybe add in another gig of ram. We'll see where THAT takes us :)

One of my issues right now is my ram is being underclocked to something like 188mhz (x2) frequency. It's rated for 217 (x2), so if I down graded to a 2.6C and achieved 3.35ghz, I'm sure I'd be getting more on the richter-scale.

Or I could upgrade to DDR500 ram, and overclock to 240FSB and 1:1 on the 3.0!! :)

Or downgrade to PC3200 and overclock with a 5:4 but on 2-2-2-8 timings.

One thing I'll say for sure is that you shouldn't think about adding that second Gig of ram if you're planning on overclocking. It's a common problem with Canterwood boards that with all four ram slots filled PAT is disabled (when you're over 200MHz FSB) so unless you really NEED the extra 1GB I'd say it isn't worth it.

yah... 2x512MB sticks should tickle you in all the right places.

Originally posted by orkan
yah... 2x512MB sticks should tickle you in all the right places.

Heh, never heard it said quite like THAT. :p

Thx for the laugh.....I owe ya. ;)

But yeah, you're all to right, I was so surprised at the performance gain I got (in games/3dmark but also just using windows) that I'm so surprised that more people don't ditch those two 256MB sticks and get it right. ;) :D

I know that 1GB might be out of some peoples price ranges but if you've got the chance..........go for it, and never look back. :cool:

Alright, finally got a little bit in terms of updates for you guys. Good news is I finally got my comp back up and running after almost 3 weeks, so much better. ;)

How the system is sitting now (stock speeds) is:

Intel Pentium 4 2.6C
Asus P4C800-E DLX
Corsair TwinX1024-3200C2PT
BBA 9800XT 256MB
Maxtor 80GB 7200RPM SATA
Creative SB Audigy2

The 2.6C is great, no complaints at all, does just what it should.....I'll get more into it in a sec. The P4C800-E is a nice refreshment in terms of ease of use and performance compared to some, more buggy boards out there today. The Corsair here is the only thing I have something negative to say about. This is now my third Intel board with this ram and none have them have been able to take it above 250FSB.....stupid ass CH-5 chips. I've actually got some awsome news regarding the ram though. the guy I bought it from is selling of his 1GB pack (2x512MB) of PC3200LL Pro and he said that he'd just swap the two sets.....AND refund me $50 for shipping and shit on the other set!!!!! :D This is super awsome 'cus I've always wanted the Pro and I've heard nothing but good stuff 'bout it.

I really can't pass acurate judgement on my 2.6C yet, 'cus I'm stuck at 250FSB from this fricken ram and am unable to even try anything higher then 3.25GHz.....which is a synch for this chip. I'm hoping for 262FSB at least with the PC3200LL Pro (at 5:4) so I'd be up to a nice 3.4GHz. Considering my scores at 3.25GHz (below), I can hardly wait to see what kind of numbers I can churn out once I'm not limited to a paltry 250MHz FSB.

Along with the new cpu/mobo/hdd I picked up the Scorpio Raidmax 868W-BK mid-tower case pictured here. A couple of things I really love about this case are: The Piano black mirror finish on the chasis, the "Z" insignia on the door that glows blue for the power LED and the two crescent moons on the door that glow/blink red for the hdd LEDs, and just the overall layout/design of the interior. The first thing one notices is how deep this thing is.....about an inch deeper then my friends XaserII. This allows for a little extra room between the hard drives and mobo once everything's installed. there are two intake fans up front, 1 intake on the window, and 2 exhausts in the back.....and I couldn't be happier. with my Zalman 7000CNPS-ALCU/AS5 on the 2.6C I can go up to 3.25GHz @ 1.65v and still keep an exceptional idle temperature of 28C. :D The overall look of the case is improved by the LED fans I have in all 5 slots, perfectly illuminating the entire interior without being to overpowering.

Here are some results for you guys, keep in mind that I'm still stuck at 250MHz FSB.....or you'd be seeing some much nicer figures.

3dmark2001
3dmark03
Aquamark3

Not that those scores aren't something to be proud of, it's just annoying when you KNOW you could be doing more. ;) :p Once I've got the Pro Corsair I'm gonna really take my time, getting everything as tight/fast as possible while still remaining worthy or memtest/Prime/3dmark. I'll be running the system through a full suite of tests including the following:

3dmark2001, 3dmark03, PCMark2002, PCMark04, Aquamark3, Sandra CPU arithmetic/multimedia/memory tests, Unreal2k3 flyby/botmatch runs, Quake3, specviewperf 7.1, PiFast, SuperPi............Stay tuned, the ram'll be here this week. :D

well those scores are nothing to be ashamed of, your beating all of mine you git. good luck with the new ram when it comes.

Originally posted by fr33ze
well those scores are nothing to be ashamed of, your beating all of mine you git. good luck with the new ram when it comes.

Thx dude, I can hardly wait. :D

you beat my 20453 by 4 points , because you have 250mhz and an XT

you can do a lot better man, i know you can!

you beat my 20453 by 4 points , because you have 250mhz and an XT

you can do a lot better man, i know you can!

I have recently decided though that I'm not going to go to extreme lengths to get a higher score. I benchmark how I run my comp.....not with half the services disabled and no sound. :rolleyes: Or with everything visual in XP disabled so it looks like Windows 98.

I could do a LITTLE more tweaking and overclock the XT into artifacting goodness just to get 21k but I feel better knowing that my score is with my computer HOW IT IS.....not tweaked all to hell, someone can say "I wanna see a run like that" and I can just restart and run it.....no disabling anything extra and wasting time. That's not legit in my eyes.

Originally posted by cornelious0_0
I have recently decided though that I'm not going to go to extreme lengths to get a higher score. I benchmark how I run my comp.....not with half the services disabled and no sound. :rolleyes: Or with everything visual in XP disabled so it looks like Windows 98.

I could do a LITTLE more tweaking and overclock the XT into artifacting goodness just to get 21k but I feel better knowing that my score is with my computer HOW IT IS.....not tweaked all to hell, someone can say "I wanna see a run like that" and I can just restart and run it.....no disabling anything extra and wasting time. That's not legit in my eyes.

that's a score off a system that's running 24/7 all the time.

that's a score off a system that's running 24/7 all the time.

now I'm convinced I should be getting more 'cus my system is superior (no offense) to yours in EVERY sense except your core clock on your 9800Pro. As I've said, I'm not big into doing any extensive tweaks that would alter my regular computer use. I'm not sure what else I coudl be missing though.........now you've got me wondering 'cus I highly doubt that the IC7-G is giving you THAT much more performance that you're tieing my 3.25GHz rig. :(

Back