Samsung S22+ text messages

ng4ever

2[H]4U
I am trying to transfer over text messages from my Mom's old Samsung S10 to a Samsung S22+ and it always says too big.

The old phone was 64 GB and the new phone is 128 GB so it makes no sense.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

It only says this for text messages or sms messages.

I think he was saying that you could copy the mesages to a card and move them over, but the 22 series doesnt have a card slot either. So that wouldnt work either way.

What method are you using? There are multiple ways to do this.

I think he was saying that you could copy the mesages to a card and move them over, but the 22 series doesnt have a card slot either. So that wouldnt work either way.

That is one thesis, not what I was getting at though. Android at least at one point allowed switching of storage of SMS to SD. Was asking in case this had occurred as I had run into that problem before helping a neighbor with an old S series moving to a new one without SD. I couldn't move the SMS because they were on the SD which was larger than the new phones internal storage.

Second wondering the method.Are you using Samsung Smart Switch? Or another method. Limit the SMS download then offload to a computer and see how large the download is to see if it is a storage issue. Just thinking out loud.

I know this is a bit old, but I always use a free app called SMS Backup and Restore - works great. It exports a file that you can save to Google Drive or locally, then just transfer it to the new device and restore it.

I know this is a bit old, but I always use a free app called SMS Backup and Restore - works great. It exports a file that you can save to Google Drive or locally, then just transfer it to the new device and restore it.

Not really.

Can I combine two backups of SMS or no ?

Hi!
The issue of "too big" error when transferring text messages from one phone to another can occur if the SMS database size exceeds the storage limit of the receiving device.
To resolve the issue, you could try using a third-party app to transfer your text messages or try manually backing up the messages on the old device and then restoring them on the new device. Additionally, you can try clearing out any old messages on the old device to make more space for the transfer ;)

Back