[S]moking: Motorcycle track suit $399 + ship

Yeah Joe rocket is a pretty decent brand.

I've been down twice at low speed (20mph'ish) and nothing more than bruises.....

I'm not a Joe Rocket fan, but this is a very good deal nonetheless.

And there's nothing wrong with a replica suit - all that means is that the graphics/coloring/lettering of the suit are made to match that of the factory sponsored riders (Yamaha and Honda in this case). It has nothing to do with suit construction as far as a safety standpoint.

I can mirror what pfc says, very good construction and if it's got neoprene on the cuffs/neck, all the better(not mentioned and hard to tell from the pix). If I was in the market, I'd def look hard at that 42 yamaha.

In for the Honda one. Wish they had a non-replica version though, I ride several different brands of bikes.

Yamaha sucks btw, just fyi for all you tuning fork riders. :D

Runner6m> what do you ride?

I ride a suzuki gsx-r 600 and think it would be just too strange to try one of these since they aren't suzuki replicas.....I'd also appreciate a non-replica....maybe in black?

they're so cheap because no one is buying them :D

if i had a yamaha or a honda, i wouldn't be seen dead with one of those

find me an all black one for the same price and i'll jump on it. there's something about an all black bike, with an all black suit that screams badass.

I have an '07 gsx-r1000, an '06 Aprilia Tuono, and an '04 CBR 600rr. I have buyers for the Tuo and the CBR though, if they sell I might pick up a b-king or a Harley Night Rod. I may sell my gsxr too, after 15 years of riding I picked up a 1000cc superbike... and more than a year later I'm still not confident on it. :(

I almost bought the Honda suit, but since my Honda is going away I hesitated. But yeah, a black suit would be nice, though a lighter colored suit would be more comfortable in the summer months.
From paint job to protective gear, a Matte Black or Satin Black is my favorite color.

That is a very good price for certain. I personally would never run low level Joe Rocket leathers for racing, as I used to race for 8 years (last raced a 01' GSXR 600 and quit in 02')and I have seen plenty of cheap suits fail, but for the street, these are a much better option than jeans and a t-shirt or is a decent option for someone that wants to try a track day and does not want to invest a lot.

My first race suit as a novice when I did not know better was a lower tier off the rack AGV suit. It was horrible (not saying all AGV suits are bad) and I paid the price when I wrecked. Lesson learned, Going cheap is never a good option.

My fitted Prexport suit, on the other hand, endured several high speed wrecks and was easily repaired and kept my limbs and joints in place as I flopped around at 100mph. Well worth the extra $$.

Joe Rocket has had a lot of issues since they started doing their suits in China and got more main stream in the US, although, it is much better than riding with Oakley's shorts and sandals, which is pretty much the norm here in Miami ;)

I rather stick to the Brans that have a little bit more quality control but that is a good price for a suit.

I really like the quality of Joe Rocket. I had a jacket, pants and some nice gloves from them. This looks like a great deal but I'd never wear a one piece like that. I don't go on the track at all.

NewEnough has some awesome deals if you look often. I have bought several different things from them over the past. I got a leather MotoGP jacket that's awesome for real cheap a few months back. They also had a really good helmet deal earlier too.

Go Tarded or Go Home!

Selling my 2nd GSXR1K and keeping my two motards...

Says the man who can't handle a 1000. :p

Ever met anyone that truly can? Ive met only a few, the rest have more than they need. Then again I dont hang out at many tracks.

I'm tempted to buy one but now that im married neither my bike nor quad move much :(

Either Joe Rocket sponsors Motorcyclist mag or they love wearing them (Motorcyclist branded) in most of their bike reviews.

I am not saying Joe Rocket isn't good but I don't wear them. So far its been A* but I might try out Dainese. I'm thinking of picking up another A* jacket, A* MX-1 jacket and since Cyclegear release a 20% coupon makes it more tempting even if its retail for $549.

For helmet I'd go with Shoei. I have an X-11 Norick 5 and RF-1000 matte black. Passengers, I'd stick with KBC. Great features for a great price.

As for matching with my bike, its looks nice, but I don't go out of my way.

Whats more fun, riding a 1k in the turns or leaving a 1k in the turns on a 250? From experience.

Either Joe Rocket sponsors Motorcyclist mag or they love wearing them (Motorcyclist branded) in most of their bike reviews.

I am not saying Joe Rocket isn't good but I don't wear them. So far its been A* but I might try out Dainese. I'm thinking of picking up another A* jacket, A* MX-1 jacket and since Cyclegear release a 20% coupon makes it more tempting even if its retail for $549.

For helmet I'd go with Shoei. I have an X-11 Norick 5 and RF-1000 matte black. Passengers, I'd stick with KBC. Great features for a great price.

As for matching with my bike, its looks nice, but I don't go out of my way.

Whats more fun, riding a 1k in the turns or leaving a 1k in the turns on a 250? From experience.

I have been OK with joe rocket on the street. Seems to work OK. I really wanted to get a shoei helmet, it just does NOT fit anyone with hearing aides (I wear 2). The only helmet I found that fit without giving me ear pain (I have behind the ear hearing aides) is HJC.

IMHO, outrunning someone on a 1000 on a 250 is much better than just going fast on a 1000 :)

Anyone see the FIM 125 race the other day ?

Doesnt look too good for the dirt, which is the only place I ride my bikes :p

I have been OK with joe rocket on the street. Seems to work OK. I really wanted to get a shoei helmet, it just does NOT fit anyone with hearing aides (I wear 2). The only helmet I found that fit without giving me ear pain (I have behind the ear hearing aides) is HJC.

IMHO, outrunning someone on a 1000 on a 250 is much better than just going fast on a 1000 :)

Anyone see the FIM 125 race the other day ?

At least you don't buy in the hype that a more expensive helmet have better protection. Have you tried Arai, AGV, KBC, and dare I say Scorpion (not a fan)? When you say Shoei doesn't fit, have you tried all their line up. I know that their X-11 and RF-1000 feel a little different.

At least you don't buy in the hype that a more expensive helmet have better protection. Have you tried Arai, AGV, KBC, and dare I say Scorpion (not a fan)? When you say Shoei doesn't fit, have you tried all their line up. I know that their X-11 and RF-1000 feel a little different.

Yup, make sure to look at the ratings, those are the most telling.

I dont have much experience with them, but I love my HJC Off-Raod helmet. I remember talking to some of the guys at one of my local dealers and they were saying how HJC makes quite a few of the other brand helmets out there (especially for off-road) and that ratings are the most important to go by.

I am not sure if I tried all of their models, but I did try a bunch at the local store (I prefer to buy locally because I can try the helmet on).

I tried a BUNCH of shoei going up to large or extra large (I don't remember) and the helmets just weren't wide enough to slip on. Without hearing aides, they barely fit. With them on, it ripped the hearing aides off my ears :(

I have not seen AGV, KBC or Scorpion last I looked at my local dealer. I will be going again sometime soon as it's time to replace my helmet (2+ years).

Thanks for the tips. I will keep an eye out for those brands.

if they sell I might pick up a b-king or a Harley Night Rod

my god man, we have the same tastes... i ride a gsf1200 now, and the bking is basically the busa derived bandit... i can give dirty looks to busa riders now, but the race comes down to who has the bigger balls... cuz my bikes slower than anything but the stock busas... would be nice to have that extra umph

and if i had to own a harley, it'd be the night-rod... i'm NOT a cruiser man, and definitely not a HD man, but those night-rods are amazing looking machines.

EDIT: and by the way, i have a scorpion and a KBC, and the scorpion > KBC imo... its super comfortable, very safe feeling

I have the Shoei RF1000 (Black,Picotte) and I love it. The one thing I noticed over some of my buddies cheaper helmets is how much lighter mine is then theirs. It's a huge difference.

Although, buddy of mine just got Scorpion EXO400 and it's not that heavy, and a hell of lot cheaper then my Shoei.

I have a Joe Rocket Textile jacket for hot days, and it fits pretty good, but my leather is an A*.

I have the Shoei RF1000 (Black,Picotte) and I love it. The one thing I noticed over some of my buddies cheaper helmets is how much lighter mine is then theirs. It's a huge difference.

Although, buddy of mine just got Scorpion EXO400 and it's not that heavy, and a hell of lot cheaper then my Shoei.

I have a Joe Rocket Textile jacket for hot days, and it fits pretty good, but my leather is an A*.

Nice. A friend of mine has an older Picotte (orange) and it looks nice. The new Picotte jokers design are a little smaller and more edgier. I was thinking about getting the new Picotte (orange) but didn't. Cyclegear is having a $50 off on all shoei helmets, not sure if its still going on. They sent out a 20% coupon on one item so you can use that if the $50 is not available, can not combine offers. That is of course if you guys have a Cyclegear in your area.

Yea, with Shoei and Arai your just paying mostly for the name. A $170 KBC VR-1X (I have the older VR-1) has almost same features as a $600 Shoei X-11. KBC has nice graphics as well. I do believe that Shoei have different size shell for their helmets and not just one shell size with different size padding for fitment. I wear a size medium and don't want to have a shell size large or xlarge, I would look like one of those bobbleheads. I like the profile and shape of the Shoei though. The noise guard on the RF-1000 fits close to your face unlike some.

Problem is NO ONE eve has my size... I have a 36 inseam ! I'm 6'6"

Welcome to my world, 6'2 and I'm huge in the shoulder, and hate cruisers ... I'm looking for a racing bike to start out on, around 600, gonna take an official training program though and not try to self-teach myself...

Right now its just hard finding the gear for a guy as big as me

Welcome to my world, 6'2 and I'm huge in the shoulder, and hate cruisers ... I'm looking for a racing bike to start out on, around 600, gonna take an official training program though and not try to self-teach myself...

If you guys have a Cyclegear in your area, order the size you need and if you don't like it you can return it. They have a really good return policy especially considering this is bike gear we are talking about. There are a lot of brands out their that do make big size. Dainese I believe is not one of them.

The MSF/CHP class is a good starter and an easy way to get your license in 3 days. Nothing beat experience though. You can get a 250 but considering your size you might not like it, so maybe a sv650. Those are both great starter bikes. Learn with those bikes for half a year to a year and switch up. I know the 250 has a great resell value. Join a bike forum on the bike you want and you can get more info on riding and on that particular bike. Remember one thing, its your first bike, doesn't mean it will be your last. It could be your last if you die on it. People forget that they don't need the "fastest", biggest, hottest looking bike for a start. You'll mess up your first bike one way or another and what happens if you find out that you don't like it. If you are in this for the long run, do it the smart way. Owning a bike is a little more work than owing a car. G'luck man, ride safe.

best investment after protective clothing:

FRAME SLIDERS.

They have saved my (bikes) butt multiple times.

I've got a scorpion exo700 helmet and think it's great for the price. Hopefully it'll save my head if I ever have to lay the duc down :)

I don't think I will bite on this one. I've heard the ladies talk about my alpinestars jacket. They love it, so I can't replace it.

600 might be good to start out on, but you're a big guy, i'd spring for the literbike from the get go,

i'm 6 foot 220, also big in the shoulder... and i got tired of the 500 real quick

if you do get a 600 get a used one that won't depreciate anymore, i actually got more out of my 500 than i paid for it....

Back