ROG Swift PG27UQR

Psycrow

Gawd
Hi

I have been looking high and low for this ROG Swift PG27UQR monitor to be released in EU where i live.
And now it seems like it has been released. So before i buy it, then i want to hear peoples onions...i mean opinions :D

I know its 27" but im not sure 32" is something for me. I have allways been on 27"
Bigger is not allways better :D

Do anyone have it ?
Is it FALD or edge lit?
https://rog.asus.com/dk/monitors/27-to-31-5-inches/rog-swift-pg27uqr-model/spec/

Last edited:
It's probably edge lit like the PG32UQR, which has 16 zones. Looking at the specs it seems like this is just a 160 Hz version of the XG27UQR with HDMI 2.1 inputs. Probably uses the same panel. This monitor is in the review pipeline at Rtings if you want to wait a week or two for a thorough review.

Last edited:
It's probably edge lit like the PG32UQR, which has 16 zones. Looking at the specs it seems like this is just a 160 Hz version of the XG27UQR with HDMI 2.1 inputs. Probably uses the same panel. This monitor is in the review pipeline at Rtings if you want to wait a week or two for a thorough review.
Allright nice to hear !

So edgelit = alot of ips glow ?!

A lot of blooming since wherever the highlight is will make an entire column of bright light appear behind the screen.
Ya edge lit displays can, kinda, do HDR not very well. It isn't totally unusable, like you get some of the effect, but since the zones are so huge there is a lot of blooming and/or loss of highlights. I used to have an AW3821DW which has 32 edge lit zones and the HDR wasn't terrible, but wasn't great, hence why I ended up getting an FALD monitor. Basically I would advise people not to get edge lit for HDR, get it as a normal monitor that can, somewhat, do HDR in a pinch if needed. However if good HDR is your goal, has to be FALD or OLED.

Back