Rise of the Ronin (PS5 exclusive)

In a PlayStation Blog talking about Rise of the Ronin, Team Ninja Director/President Fumihiko Yasuda states that the game has been in development for seven years...it's a culmination of all the skills and knowledge that the team has gained over the years as they take things to the next level by portraying the most critical revolution in the history of Japan

Rise of the Ronin is a combat-focused open-world action RPG that takes place in Japan at a time of great change...it is the very end of a 300-year-long Edo Period, commonly known as “Bakumatsu”...the game is set in late 19th Century Japan as it faces the tides of change as civil war continues to rage between the Tokugawa Shogunate and the Anti-Shogunate factions...

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/0...f-the-ronin-a-new-action-rpg-from-team-ninja/

Team Ninja game...I'm sure it's coming to PC as well...maybe a timed exclusive

Team Ninja game...I'm sure it's coming to PC as well...maybe a timed exclusive
Who knows how long that will be, though. Jim Ryan said in the past that he didn't see the period before games going to PC to be as long as it has been, but we have yet to see that play out. It's been more than a year since GoW Ragnarök came out with no sign of the PC version, yet.

Is this a Ghost of Tsushima sequel / prequel or a totally different game from a different developer?

Looks good, but it's hard for me to accept such unrealistic combat when they place it in a super grounded setting like this.
The "glider" already pushes suspension of disbelief a lot, but when there's a chain attack that draws you in with flame slashes. Followed by a shoryuken sword combat scene, it kinda spoils the feeling of the game to me.

I think Tsushima in that regard just 'feels' better. There were things about that game too where the combat is simply inaccurate, but it's all for the most part more grounded and requires a much lower suspension of disbelief.

Still, looking forward to this either way. It's an understatement to say: that it's not as if Team Ninja hasn't been producing bangers. And playing something interesting set in the Edo/Bakumatsu into the Meiji Restoration period, is likely one of the most romanticized parts of Japanese history, could be a good amount of fun if done well.

Last edited:
Someone called these games another Generic Human game. Took me a while to figure it out but the enemy Ai looks generic in all their games. I'm sure this game will be as good as Wo Long but I hardly grazed Wo Long Im just past the 2nd Boss. The Perceiver looks miles better but nothing about that game since 2022.

It is yet another Ubisoft climb the towers to reveal more land area, after you kill bandit outposts.

Not going to watch 20 videos on combat so would appreciate if someone can answer. Is it like Sekiro, Nioh, Soulsborne like crap OR Ghost of Tsushima, Jedi Survivor etc. type?
If it's like Ninja Gaiden type then also they can get fucked for all I care.

Not going to watch 20 videos on combat so would appreciate if someone can answer. Is it like Sekiro, Nioh, Soulsborne like crap OR Ghost of Tsushima, Jedi Survivor etc. type?
Doesn't look like any of those games.

It's said to be a combo of Nioh, Sekiro, and Wo Long.

It looks like a 3D action game from the early-00s with some Sekiro influences. Kind of reminds me of Tenchu when stealth wasn't an option, to be honest.

I don't think it's going to be as hard as Nioh and definitely not Sekiro...time periods are similar but not the difficulty...maybe Wo Long as that was very mainstream

I don't think it's going to be as hard as Nioh and definitely not Sekiro...time periods are similar but not the difficulty...maybe Wo Long as that was very mainstream
I meant that the combat is comparatively, a sort of blend of those 3.

Difficulty is indeed, reportedly lower than Sekiro and Nioh 2.

Our store has Hard Copies of the game 2 of them but still working on Wo Long and Dragons Dogma just came out. They only had one copy of DD 2.

Last edited:
Back