Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends SP Demo

Looks crazy...

screen42la.jpg

700screen454qh.jpg

700screen436nm.jpg

Awesome, I love this game. Plus another DoW expansion is coming out!

Only played one skirmish. Not really liking it. I'll have to mess with a few things, but running it at 1680x1050 with every detail maxed, it didn't look too hot. Almost like everything was blurry. At least they had a 1680x1050 option.

There's just so much new stuff to get used to. I'll probably play a couple more times but so far, not as excited as when I first saw this thread.

Mine CTD's every time i try to load a battle. I even re-downloaded and re-installed it but no dice.

HighwayAssassins said:
better than fileshack:

http://files.filefront.com/SEARCH/;4936620;;/fileinfo.html

dont have to log in, and i am currently getting 537 kb/s. Oh did i mention no line either?

Thank you, you rock. All other sites seem to be really slow right now. Thank you x 10. Downloading at 501kb/sec steady.

And, not like this means anything.. but it's got 188 votes and a rating of a perfect 5 on fileplanet. That usually does not happen, so this might be pretty damn good ( if it runs :O ) .

Edit : So I downloaded it and played. I didn't like it much, the graphics when turned to very high were not as good as the shots above. And the shadows looked like complete pixel shit no matter what I tried. I'm using a 9700 Pro. The gameplay looked decent, but it just wasn't my style. I really liked Dawn of War : 40k, it recommend that over this.

Luxor said:
Edit : So I downloaded it and played. I didn't like it much, the graphics when turned to very high were not as good as the shots above. And the shadows looked like complete pixel shit no matter what I tried. I'm using a 9700 Pro. The gameplay looked decent, but it just wasn't my style. I really liked Dawn of War : 40k, it recommend that over this.
Same here. I played it and it just didn't grab me at all. I just wasn't fun and the shadows were screwy on my 9800pro also. It feels like it's missing a ton of stuff.

I also didn't much like it, it just feels like a case of "been here, done this, got the t-shirt."

Same old boring combat (imo) where strategy just flies out the window and you merely for the most part use "unit > attack , number = higher = win formula."

Guess I just prefer combat that takes more thinking/strategy involved, like the Total war and Myth series of RTS games.

Yeah, I was really hoping this game was going to be something different but it's just the same thing with a fantasy background :(

ValeX said:
Runs like absolute crap for me,

This must be a older build of the game.

I would reserve complete judgment till final release ;)

The full single player story is going to be the most enthralling part of the game.

I agree with you guys.

Here are my specs:
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
1 GB RAM
ATI Radeon X850 XT

Even with these specs, the game ran like absolute crap.

I first tried 1280x1024 with most graphics on max (thinking it may run decent) but the performance I got was nearly unplayable.

So I turned it down to 1024x768, no anti-aliasing, and everything on Medium... and the game CONTINUED to run like crap.... and yet LOOK LIKE CRAP at the same time! Where's the fun in that!? :eek:

The gameplay didn't really grab me either...

Definitely a letdown as I was looking forward to this game. The screenshots made it look really, really nice.

Not recommended, wait for either a better demo, or a better game.

i wish they just updated the graphics and added new features to RoN.

I loved that game and go back to it every once in a while

Back