Retailers with P4 3.4 Confusings

Its either just a normal 3.4 northwood and they messed up the EE and L3 cache, or its actually an extreme edition and they screwed up and put 512 L3 instead of 2048k L3.

NewEgg has it with 512kb L3 Cache, and it's a Northwood.

/IoWnZa

Im confused, ATACOM says 3.4 extreme edition for $439 and the 3.2 extreme edition is $949?

The 3.4 extreme cant be the 2mb cache??

Originally posted by Tedinde
Im confused, ATACOM says 3.4 extreme edition for $439 and the 3.2 extreme edition is $949?

The 3.4 extreme cant be the 2mb cache??

The 3.4c is a Northwood CPU, not EE. The 3.2 EE is a EE, which has all the cache.

The 3.4 does have 512lb of L3 Cache though, she is nice looking.

NewEgg.com is your friend.

Originally posted by IoWnZa

I love Newegg.com. I spend way too much money there...so they must in turn love me. Now if only they had a frequent shoppers discount. Like free 2 day ship upgrade :cool:

No i am their friend upon checking my order history with them i have 228 total orders and i have spend $32,436.07 total with them since my first order of 2/07/01

Which consisted of for a laugh, a abit kt7a kt133mb, a amd thunderbird 1.33 chip, ati 32mb original Radeon AIW,SBlive Platinum 5.1. THe dam chips was $270!!!

I know it cant be an ExtremeEdition 3.4, but if you look at it it says extremeEdition. But i wouldnt chance it. TYPO!!!!

it's intel's new labeling system
L3 512k = EE = Extreme Edition
L3 2048k = EETTM = Extreme Edition To The Max!!!

:)

I don't know, Intel's Page on the EEs Make no mention of a chip with 512k L3. And the Xeon MPs only have options for 1 or 2mb of L3.

I'd say most likley a missprint. Though i suppose it's possible they're selling EE chips whoes full cache couldn't pass muster with the problem area dissabled. But i though intel was content with just rebinning those as regualr P4s....

Originally posted by Tedinde
No i am their friend upon checking my order history with them i have 228 total orders and i have spend $32,436.07 total with them since my first order of 2/07/01

Which consisted of for a laugh, a abit kt7a kt133mb, a amd thunderbird 1.33 chip, ati 32mb original Radeon AIW,SBlive Platinum 5.1. THe dam chips was $270!!!

I know it cant be an ExtremeEdition 3.4, but if you look at it it says extremeEdition. But i wouldnt chance it. TYPO!!!!

Shens.

/IoWnZa

If it had 512KB L3 then it would be the same as having 512L2.... b/c Intel's caches are inclusive. Which means the 1st 512Kb of L3 are just the same L2 cache. For example the EE's 2MB only gives your 1.5MB extra.

Anyway, its definitely a misprint or pricing error.

They will have three Pentium 4 - 3.4Ghz chips available shortly

3.4Ghz Northwood 512Kb L2 cache
3.4Ghz Prescott 1Mb L2 cache
3.4Ghz Gallatin (Extreme Edition) 2Mb L3 cache

Back