Replacement/upgrade for 2018 LG 43UD79-B?

I've been using an LG 43UD79-B since January 2018. It's still fully functional, but I'm looking for an upgrade in terms of color, black levels, and possibly 120hz console/PC gaming.

Unfortunately the majority of my use is work, so OLED isn’t going to be realistic between burn-in risk and pixel layout.

I play single-player RPGs and shooters, so I do not need the lowest response times or ultra-high refresh rates.
I'm not opposed to using a TV if needed.
I know there are more options in smaller sizes, but I love the 43"/4K size for productivity and gaming in general.

Is there a good non-OLED upgrade you can recommend?

I went from that exact LG to a FV43U. No regrets. I still use the LG, but for work only. The FV43U is a very good gaming monitor. I'm sure there are others out there in that size, but you would be hard pressed to find one at that size at the current price point that matches it in performance.

I went from that exact LG to a FV43U. No regrets. I still use the LG, but for work only. The FV43U is a very good gaming monitor. I'm sure there are others out there in that size, but you would be hard pressed to find one at that size at the current price point that matches it in performance.
Thanks for the rec. How significant is the difference (black levels, HDR)?

I was hoping to upgrade to microLED or OLED but there just don’t seem to be good options at this size that are *also* good for productivity.

Thanks for the rec. How significant is the difference (black levels, HDR)?

I was hoping to upgrade to microLED or OLED but there just don’t seem to be good options at this size that are *also* good for productivity.
For gaming and media consumption it's noticeably better. Your current LG is better for office work though; Due to it having a RGB subpixel layout which makes text sharper than BGR layout. Since the FV43U is a VA panel, it's contrast and black levels are much better. Black is truly black unlike IPS panels. HDR is it's strong point. Look up it's review on rtings.

Back