Removing OTEC on IC7-MAX3

Volume

2[H]4U
Would it still be safe if I were to remove the OTEC cooling on my MAX3? The thing gets in the way of a lot of good fans out there. Would my case temps rise a lot, or unnoticeably little?

Also, if I cooled the Northbridge using that Zalman ZM-NB47J ( http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=35-118-214&depa=0 ) can I still expect great overclocking results? To be honest, I'm not even sure what role the chipset plays in o/c.

well with more voltage being pumped into the CPU, the northbridge can get hotter as well. Since heat isnt good for anything, northbridge including, it can actually affect your OC although not as much as youd think. Why would u want to remove the OTES tho, its there cool keep your mosfets cool. I dont think it gets in the way of any fans either, i think it was tested with a zalman and it fit just fine. Although im not sure about the new thermalright that just came out.

a zalman or a sp-94 would fit on a max3 fine without taking off the OTES cooling thing.

Back