regaining my full ctrl+alt+delete/task manager in XP

AoL_Is_My_EnEmY

[H]ard|Gawd
Something happened on my computer one day, and now, whenever I ctrl+alt+delete i get it to come up, and I select task manager, but what pops up only tells me whats running at the moment...just programs. I have no more tabs that tell me processes running, system statistics, or anything, theres not even a close X, i have to close it from the task bar, or else its stuck on my screen. How can I regain all these tabs on the bar?

I had this happen to me once, confused me to death. I actually reinstalled windows to correct it. Later on I learned how to fix it by accident... Basically just double click on any "unused" grey area of the task manager and that should correct it. Good luck :)

I got that....

Fixed when I reformatted X_x

However I figured out you can scroll through the tabs with ctrl+tab, try it. Should work...

Just double click the frame around it. It should bring back all of the other stuff.

FYI, this also works with Win2k's Task Manager. I'm sure it's useful for something.

I had the smae problem when I was trying to get rid of this stupid virus. It infected my svhosts and I alt ctrl delete quick deleted the file before windows reloaded and had that. I had no tabs at all. Just reinstall if possible

Back