Recording Output into M-Audio Revolution 7.1???

Mechvin

n00b
I was able to record whatever I output right into my recording software when I had a creative live 5.1. That meant that whatever was coming out of my speakers, I could record digitally right into my hard drive.

The problem with the creative live was that there were crackles.

I then bought a M-Audio Revolution 7.1 thinking that it would be easier to record. I can record fine using an input device/mic into the 'line in' just fine. But I just can't seem to directly record what ever I am outputting, like stuff that is steaming, video files I am playing and what not. Can anyone help?

The recording software I use is Adobe Auditions, basically cool-edit. The input and out put device set in the program are both M-Audio Revo. I've tried plugging my output right into my input...and I get this awful loop feedback. I've even tried using two sound cards, using the creative live to output and the m-audio to record and connecting them with a double ended line. It seems to work, but there has got to be a better way, with better quality. I want to directly record using just the M-Audio.

I figured out how to record in a fairly quality format. It is not direct, but it is decent. Apparently, there is a line in and also a mic in on the M-Audio...something I failed to see cause I rarely read the instruction manual. Connecting output to line in produces sound that is as good to my ear as it was when streamed. M-audio recorded much better in this method than my SB Live 5.1 did directly. I still would like to see more functions on M-Audio Revolution 7.1, but I can't complain about the quality.

Back