RECOMMENDATION: Premium Gaming Keyboard for FPS ?

ChessGator

n00b
Hello fellows,

What do you recommend as a Premium keyboard for FPS ? What type would the professional FPS players use?

Thank you,

CG

Most pros will use whatever keyboard they are sponsored by. Tenkeyless keyboards are preferred so they have more space for their mouse.

I personally use a keypad for playing FPS games. The one I have is the Razor Orb Weaver.

IMG_3310.JPEG

Lots of great choices, but my favorite is the Corsair K70 RGB TKL Champion. I've owned it for almost a year. Best website for info and selection of mech keyboards is MechanicalKeyboards.com.

View attachment 532361
Optical switches are much, much better than straight mechanical.

I have the same keyboard and love it.

The only thing I wish keyboard makers would change is putting the numpad, arrow keys, etc. on the left side of the board. Then you have extra room for your mouse ergonomics but still have the keys.

Optical switches are much, much better than straight mechanical.

I have the same keyboard and love it.

The only thing I wish keyboard makers would change is putting the numpad, arrow keys, etc. on the left side of the board. Then you have extra room for your mouse ergonomics but still have the keys.

Okay, so Optical Switches are better than linear mechanical, so I know to look for that now! I have seen some gaming keyboards that allow you to attach the numpad to either side.

Did you have a particular model you would buy today? A lot of choices available for the consumer :)

Thanks,

CG

Okay, so Optical Switches are better than linear mechanical, so I know to look for that now! I have seen some gaming keyboards that allow you to attach the numpad to either side.

Did you have a particular model you would buy today? A lot of choices available for the consumer :)

Thanks,

CG

The one mad maxx linked (K70 RGB TKL CHAMPION SERIES Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard) is the current best I think.

Thanks,

CG
Corsair has a new tenkeyless that's more compact than the K70, but still has the same key layout. It's the K60 and is on sale for $99 on Corsair's website. That's what I'd buy if I were in the market for an optical switch keyboard today.

I use a separate USB numeric keypad with my K70. I can put it wherever I need it or just push it aside when I'm done. There are a lot of wireless numeric keypads, too.

PXL_20221207_184746896.jpg

Last edited:
Corsair has a new tenkeyless that's more compact than the K70, but still has the same key layout. It's the K60 and is on sale for $99 on Corsair's website. That's what I'd buy if I were in the market for an optical switch keyboard today.

I use a separate USB numeric keypad with my K70. I can put it wherever I need it or just push it aside when I'm done. There are a lot of wireless numeric keypads, too.

View attachment 532510

Isn't the only difference is they remove the media keys and volume scroll wheel? I personally really like those.

What's going on with your PAUSE key there?

Isn't the only difference is they remove the media keys and volume scroll wheel? I personally really like those.

What's going on with your PAUSE key there?
Yeah, the media keys are gone and the board is much more compact. I never use media keys, so the smaller form is cool with me.

That's my Stormbreaker custom key cap. It's all-metal and the axe attaches to the base magnetically.

sb.png

Back