recently purchased new mobo and cpu

C0nR0x

n00b
i know there's a sticky on this board, but it's loaded with replies. i just put in an ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe, and an XP2500. i already have an older Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live 5.1 . also i already have an addin card LAN. should i use the SB Live or the built in sound? will using the built in sound take away at my performance or does the built in APU take all the load off of the CPU. same with the LAN as well. i'm not too familiar with the unmentioned guidlines this forum has so sorry if i crossed over anything. thanks in advance.

You can stick with onboard lan, but if you use the Soundblaster, you should garner better sound and lessened strain on your system, though you should peruse some other opinions on the strength of Soundstorm...though most people are presumptuous and will laud it no matter how it sounds. But you should try both! Then choose, since you have that luxury. Also, don't be so bloody lazy, Search the forums, you bum!

Originally posted by Iceman_IX
Search the forums, you bum!

honestly i normaly do just to avoid the these comments, but like you said, i was being lazy. the forums have quite a few threads, and filtering through all the ones that contained what i would of been looking for may have been a little annoying. if it redeems my laziness a little i did join the Fold@Home team and am folding away. 8-Þ

in any case, thanks for the input. i think i'll stick with my SB Live and just make an audigy 2 my next upgrade.

dude, try them both & see which one you like the best. I have read that the onboard is better sound than the 5.1 - more like audigy 1 or better. so try them both out, you might like the onboard better than the pci card.
and in your defence the search for the forums is prolly still disabled.
Now with the onboard nic you'll see a difference if you purchase a high end addon nic - 3com/intel high end - otherwise forget it.
I would forget it as the perf boost of the high end addon nic prolly wont live up to the added price.

Back