Recently finished network.

Kaos

[H]ard|Gawd
Not too bad considering ive only been doing this since june..
enjoy!

Here's an overview of the main closet that feeds the secondary closet or "mdf"
isproom2.jpg

the voice and audio rack you can see on the left and the data rack on the right. the patching scheme on the voice rack was really complicated because the customer required that they use their own layout. like extension 101 might be port 603...od eh?

muzak and amplifier
ispAudio.jpg

the nortel voice system
ispPBX.jpg

on to the data rack.
ispswitches.jpg

here is a behind shot from the modular patch panel
ispdatapanel.jpg

the symbol control unit for the multitude of wireless ap's around the building
ispsymbol.jpg

the fiber runs we terminated into this nice slide out fiber tray:
ispfibertray.jpg

now onto the secondary closet!
no voice hardware since voice cabling isnt as limited as data, but we do have a patch panel here as well
mdfvoicepatch.jpg

the cables that go out to the stations/desks and come in from the main closet.
I decided to use white for voice and blue for data
mdffeed.jpg

here's where they split to their respective racks
mdfsplit.jpg

secondary closet switches and rack
mdfswitches.jpg

closeup of the top two switches
mdfswitches2.jpg

here's where we kept the majority of the poe adapters for the ap's
mdfpoe.jpg

let me know what you think.

looks very good ;) FInally nice to see some new networking pics. Enjoyed them very much :cool:

I saw an ad for a PoE patch panel... it might help clean up that shelf with the AC/DC adapters on it.

thats nifty, havnt seen one of those yet, the adapters came with each ap...cost effectiveness tends to win with companies over style and functionality....got a link to those panels just in case my custoemr is interested?

I love how the main feeds from the building are bundled up so nicely, especiall the blue and white for data and voice.

Good job, sir!

-randyc

he he...took some of the spare parts from a few other jobs...building a rack in my room...will post results once i get it acceptable in my eyes.

-Kaos

Very nice especially if you've only been doing that for a few months. Good idea on the color coding too, I've been in way too many closets that use all blue or white cable and it makes troubleshooting a nightmare.

Heres a list of what ive procured for my rack in my room thus far

4 ft tall rack,
2 hoffman cable managers (i hate them but they were free)
8 port rack mount allied telesyn switch (ebaying for catalysts)
2ghz little server box with dual nics and a tri mode wireless adapter
1000 avr ups
cisco 1751 router

im just going to be a tad busy as we just got a mentour/protege deal and im going to be sent to a cisco bootcamp and getting my CCNA. Im not fond of the camp idea, but itll be a good refresher of some of the "cisco way" of doing things.

Back