receiver not detecting digital sound

bpimmerman

[H]ard|Gawd
OK...

I connected my computer using the mono adapter and a digital coax cable from radio shack, per this thread: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=702603

It works great right now for stereo sound, meaning the digital out on my soundcard works. However, when i popped in a dvd and selected dts, no sound comes out. Any ideas? It indicates on the receiver that it is receiving a pcm input. Thanks.

also, using ati dvd player 7.6, when i select dts sound the video speed increases a lot.

it produces sound for dolby digital but the receiver doesn't detect nor decode it.

What card do you have?
A live card?
You need to select S/PDIF passthrough in the dvd software.
You may also have to turn off the decoder in the cards drivers. IIRC you go to the device controls in the Audio HQ control panel applet and select the S/PDIF pass through option there as well.

yes, a live! value card.

i did in fact need to go into properties and select pass through directly to: "Ravisent S/PDIF WaveOut Renderer"

in my audio options(via the volume control) digital out only is checked.

however, now i am getting no sound at all from the dvd whether i is dolby digital 5.1 or dts. it did fix the speed problem when dts is selected however.

I do notice that when i try to play it using wmp 9, no sound is heard ever. could this mean i have a bad dvd encoder? should i try to get another one from a friend to test it out? thanks so much for the speedy reply

ok....

well, i played around a little bit more, and now it seems to work perfectly. thanks, i'll let you know if i need more help.

Back