Really, (soundwise) How bad is the stock Intel HSF? Testimonials appreciated.

Typical Gamer

Limp Gawd
I got a new P4 3.0Ghz retail on the way and just remembered that the Intel HSF is loud. Or so I have read?

Anyway, I got a Thermaltake case and an Antec True430 comming on the way as well and Im wondering if everything is going to be quiet except this Stock Intel HSF?

Secondly, do any major retailers carry aftermarket P4 cooling fans? Because I really dont feel like waiting to get one shipped.

thanks.

The retail HSF that came with my P4 2.4 was very quiet. I don't know about the one that comes with the 3.0s though

uh the retail hsf on my 2.4C is quiet enough for me to sleep 5ft away.

not bad at all, my rig isnt bad, and the hsf isnt what makes most of my sound, if you have 2 fans in there, you wont be able to tell if you have it on or off (unless your using ultra quiet fans) but i also run my server in this room so "quiet" changes when thats on

(this is with a 2.4) Id say just go with it, (and if you dont like it well now you have and excuse to upgrade and mod, its win win)

i think compusa has fans and stuff now, not sure if your looking for a 60mm fan tho, not even sure if you have any compusa there

Back