really, really bad review score for Newegg

I can't say I've had too many issues personally with the 'Egg, in fact I used their 'Price Guarantee' only a couple of weeks ago and it was handled smoothly and quickly (you get a Newegg GC to cover the difference).

But - I haven't had any big issues with products yet (ie: returns, damaged shipments, etc), so can't really comment on that side of their operation.

My big annoyance, and this might be more of a Canada thing, is their shipping/sales pricing. There'll be times when the product received a decent sales discount only for the shipping to be increased to make up the difference. Stuff like that is annoying.

I haven’t placed an order with Newegg since 2014. Customer service went into the shitter. They screwed me once and never saw a dollar from me again. No thanks, I vote with my wallet and took my business elsewhere.

And to further drive home the point, they the only large tech retailer I know still doing MAIL IN REBATES. Cmon Newegg get with the times.

The fact that this company still exists confounds me.

I know NE gets a lot of hate here now but they never did me wrong. I don't used them much anymore since tax on internet purchases became a thing and I have a MC near me.

Don't buy from a Newegg reseller, whatever they're called. If something goes wrong Newegg will tell you to fuck off.

I know NE gets a lot of hate here now but they never did me wrong. I don't used them much anymore since tax on internet purchases became a thing and I have a MC near me.

Me neither, I only buy Sold by Newegg, maybe that helps, and I don't buy stuff like TVs, monitors or complete systems. Little nervous to buy $900 worth of components from them at once, but the 10% coupon is too enticing.

I used to spend thousands a year with them. Now i might spend a couple hundred. They've never done anything to turn me away. The opposite in fact. They have always treated me well. The competition just always seems to undercut them significantly and offers better shipping options. Speaking of which, their shipping sucks baaad. DHS? No thanks.
They do always have the best selection and deals on memory, that's about all i buy from them now.

But these days I try to buy from B&H or even Amazon, and even from eBay.

Even with all of the problems Newegg has these days, I still trust them more than Amazon. Almost every purchase I've done on Amazon has had some problem. Disappearing in transit, never shipped, counterfeit goods, bait and switching, etc. And all of these items were either sold by Amazon or shipped by Amazon (ie. someone else's stuff in their warehouse.) Amazon is an absolute last resort for anything I need, it's so low on the totem pole that I'll try to reason with myself why I don't need X item if only Amazon has it. They keep trying to get me to make a business account with them from some past purchases, but they can go pound sand. They've made me look grossly incompetent to customers from counterfeit and bait and switch shit before. Like a customer needed an Office license, and they sent them a xeroxed photocopy of a real product sticker printed on a shitty inkjet printer.

Speaking of which, their shipping sucks baaad. DHS? No thanks.

Don't use their Eggsaver shipping then, they don't force you to use it. Every online retailer has their own shitty cheap shipping option, Amazon and Ebay included. Amazons' own shipping is probably the worst, they really don't care at all. My mom gets boxes that were crushed, kicked, thrown, snapped in half, etc. all the time from them directly off the Amazon truck, which is about what you can expect from Eggsaver shipping. They're paid too little to care in a race to the bottom. Ebay uses Pitney Bowes, which is a less than stellar company. They're known to open and repackage merchandise so badly stuff arrives snapped in half or crushed. If they think your item can be forced in a smaller box, they'll do it.

Even with all of the problems Newegg has these days, I still trust them more than Amazon. Almost every purchase I've done on Amazon has had some problem. Disappearing in transit, never shipped, counterfeit goods, bait and switching, etc. And all of these items were either sold by Amazon or shipped by Amazon (ie. someone else's stuff in their warehouse.) Amazon is an absolute last resort for anything I need, it's so low on the totem pole that I'll try to reason with myself why I don't need X item if only Amazon has it. They keep trying to get me to make a business account with them from some past purchases, but they can go pound sand. They've made me look grossly incompetent to customers from counterfeit and bait and switch shit before. Like a customer needed an Office license, and they sent them a xeroxed photocopy of a real product sticker printed on a shitty inkjet printer.

Don't use their Eggsaver shipping then, they don't force you to use it. Every online retailer has their own shitty cheap shipping option, Amazon and Ebay included. Amazons' own shipping is probably the worst, they really don't care at all. My mom gets boxes that were crushed, kicked, thrown, snapped in half, etc. all the time from them directly off the Amazon truck, which is about what you can expect from Eggsaver shipping. They're paid too little to care in a race to the bottom. Ebay uses Pitney Bowes, which is a less than stellar company. They're known to open and repackage merchandise so badly stuff arrives snapped in half or crushed. If they think your item can be forced in a smaller box, they'll do it.
Damn man, you've just got really really bad luck or someones got it out for you at Amazon!
I've never had a bad experience with Amazon either despite placing 100s of orders a year with them. The 3 or 4 times somethings been lost or broken, i call, they replace it and done. To top it off, they usually credit my account for going thru the trouble of calling.
Eggsaver isn't my problem, its Neweggs 😆 they know how sorry DHS is, its no secret. Of course i avoid it, fool me once and all that... Who doesn't? That's kinda the point, i dont have to avoid free shipping anywhere else. Having to pay extra for shipping at Newegg ruins a deal. If i find somethings sub par i simply go spend my loot elsewhere, easy solution for me ;) unfortunate loss for them. At some point you would think Newegg might get a clue and take a look at why people are leaving. With Amazons free one or two day shipping they actually follow my drop off directions. They even text me a picture of the box and where its at. DHS? They couldn't even go to the trouble of notifying me when its going to be delivered much less where they threw it. The friggin post office is better, at least i can call them!
Never had any shipping issues with Ebay(seller issues i wont get into) but i rarely buy anything from them anymore either. Just cheap stuff.

I've never had a problem with Amazon that wasn't promptly corrected to my complete satisfaction. The Amazon delivery people in my area are absolutely stellar. I have a security cam on the front porch and have never seen the first one abuse a package by tossing, dropping etc.

Newegg, on the other hand, is like a box of chocolates. Buying direct from China via AliExpress or any big Chinese site is a better experience. Now the actual products are a different story sometimes.

Back