Real Digital 22" Widescreen (16x9) LCD 899.99

K

Krazykemist

Just got this in my spammail from Buy com
Real Digital RD2200 22" Widescreen (16x9) LCD Television/Monitor Reg. 1999.99 On Sale for 899.99

"Product Description
The RD2200 is a subtle combination of high technology and elegant styling. The 22” widescreen provides beautiful detail from video sources such as DVD players, PVRs, satellite TV, and HDTV broadcasts. The RD2200 can also be used as a graphics display monitor in your place of business. There are ample inputs/outputs available for any kind of use. These inputs/outputs can be easily accessed and are hidden behind removable panels in the rear of the display. There is no better deal out there for a 22” display. So if you are looking for a high-quality LCD TV then look no further than the Real Digital RD2200. "

http://www.buy.com/retail/electronics/product.asp?sku=90130867&adid=17051&dcaid=17051

Wish I had my tax refund right about now :/

Sweet jesus what an insane deal, I wonder if its really a 16ms panel. There has to be some kind of catch to why they are liquidating it so cheap.

Reviews are here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000AA9DR/103-4362034-4367849

To those looking to use it as a computer monitor, keep in mind the 854x480 native resolution...

Originally posted by truffle00
To those looking to use it as a computer monitor, keep in mind the 854x480 native resolution...
Forgive my ignorance but what does that mean?

Originally posted by Blown 89
Forgive my ignorance but what does that mean?

To my knowledge, current video cards do not support such resolution - so if you're running a lcd monitor on resolutions other than it's native resolution, It will look horrible.

Even if they supported 854x480 , that's way too low for a 22" lcd monitor.

Originally posted by enyceexdanny
To my knowledge, current video cards do not support such resolution - so if you're running a lcd monitor on resolutions other than it's native resolution, It will look horrible.

Even if they supported 854x480 , that's way too low for a 22" lcd monitor.

Missed on the first paragraph but hit it on the second...video cards can support 854x480 but everything will be HUGE .

This would suck as a regular monitor, but it'd be kick as a 2nd display for only playing back video. Especially if it was hooked up to the dvi ouput.

Back