Raptor, or no raptor.

theTIK

Gawd
I know the new raptor is out, but the fact is that the extra space really isn't enough extra to justify me spending that more more on it, the only reason I want the new one is the extra speed. However, I don't want to spend that much on it, I wish they made a 36 GB version with the new CQ technology in it. Anyhow, I was wondering if I should get the 36 GB version of the raptor drive without the CQ tech just cause it will be faster for my master drive. Do you think it will be worth it? Should I go for it? Or should I just save my money.

if you like the sound of large ariplanes taking off get a raptor, if you like quiet and peace, do not get raptors yet. that and cost are the main concerns with this drive so far IMHO

Originally posted by h_2_o
if you like the sound of large ariplanes taking off get a raptor, if you like quiet and peace, do not get raptors yet. that and cost are the main concerns with this drive so far IMHO

What are you talking about??? I have a raptor inside mine and I can barely hear it. TIk I see that your power supply's antec. what kind of case are you using? If it's one of the new antec with low noise tek then you can't hear the raptor. I had a raptor in my other case and it was pretty loud but in the Antec P160 it was silent.

I have 2 Raptors and they are both very quiet. It's really funny how many people thing hard drives are loud.

I agree, the Raptors are not that loud. You will love the speed of the drive. If you take a look at the cost effectiveness of SCSI, the Raptor isn't all that expensive. You can pick up a used Raptor for around $90. Even if you have problems with the drive, a five year warranty from Western Digital is awesome. The drive is worth the money!

So I should get one then? Is getting a used drive really a good idea? I was just going to grab on at Newegg if I decided to buy it.

I'm not saying that you should get a used drive. Go ahead and get a new one. I was just trying to point out that if you did decide to get one, the warranty is awesome. 5 years on the bad boys.

Back