Quick Question on Sleeving

Crism

Limp Gawd
What sizes of sleeving are for which cables? Meaning the 4 pined molex and the 3 pin fan connectors? Also, what tool do i use to get the 3 pin connector and floppy connector pins out?

I use 1/4 inch for 4 pin molexes, and would use 1/8 inch for fans, if I had any.
As for the pins, use the smallest flat plade screwdriver you can find, and on the back of the connector, there will be tabs. Puch the tabs into the connector with the screwdriver while pulling the wire out the back.

#edit -- Fixed spelling :p#

anyone know where i can get that screwdriver for the tiny 3 pin connectors?

For the three pin connectors you just need to push down on the metal bit on the side, and then they can be pulled out. They're easier to do than the four-pin molexes in my experience.

Originally posted by Vertigo Acid
3/8" and/or 1/2" is for the main ATX power connector

thanks but i already have it on my mobo wire from vantec :)

So basically now I'm looking at 25ft of UV Reactive 1/4 sleeving and 10ft of 1/8 sleeving. Along with a lot of heatstrinks and i'm getting UV reactive molex connectors as well.

FrozenCPU.com has the best selection of shrink and heat wrapping. Basically you just put it over the end of where you want it, then apply a very high heat source, usually from a heatgun.

Back