quick optical media question

broekage

Limp Gawd
Anyone know if

EZ-Media 4X 4.7GB DVD-R Gold Blank Media 50pcs

is good DVD-R media? I found it for pretty cheap ($20 for 50 DVD's), so I was wondering if they aren't crap media that will churn out mostly coasters...

Thanks for any input :)

I've never heard of it. But then again, I have a rule not to buy anything with the letters EZ in it meant to replace Easy. I take that to be a sign of cheap shit for dumb users.

Don't. Not if your data is valuable,that is. Stick to name-brand media, like Sony, Taiyo Yuden, Fuji and Imation/Memorex.. it will serve you MUCH better.

Basically that's right, but, word of warning, often name brands are actually getting the dies or even the whole medium from someone else, then stamping their name in the appropriate place. Sometimes generics get the same thing from the same people. It's too expensive to find out the hard way though when it comes to DVD+/-Rs no problem with CDRs since they tend to cost considerably less than a dollar per disc. Really, I tell you this more to warn you that sometimes even name brands can kind of suck for the same reason generics do. A few of them love to buy the cheap stuff, then sell it for a lot using their name to sell.

Nazo said:
Basically that's right, but, word of warning, often name brands are actually getting the dies or even the whole medium from someone else, then stamping their name in the appropriate place. Sometimes generics get the same thing from the same people. It's too expensive to find out the hard way though when it comes to DVD+/-Rs no problem with CDRs since they tend to cost considerably less than a dollar per disc. Really, I tell you this more to warn you that sometimes even name brands can kind of suck for the same reason generics do. A few of them love to buy the cheap stuff, then sell it for a lot using their name to sell.

Absolutely correct, although, I think you...ummm...meant dyes.

Back