Question on the Leadtek PCI TV/FM Tuner Card Model TV2000XP DELUXE

If you want to hear anything, yes you do need a sound card.

Min. Sys. Req.=

-pci slot
-PII 300
-64 mb RAM
-ms win 98se/me/2000/xp
-vid with directx 8.1 or above installed
-16-bit sound card (microphone for video mail)

If you have onboard sound, you don't need a sound card (as long as it's 16-bit, etc.).

It will play video on your monitor. You can use the TV out on your 9800XT to hook it up to a TV if you want. A TV isn't necessary to run the card, though. An antennae (sp?), cable, or satellite signal would be advised (without those you prolly won't get any channels).

ok, I have all those req. But how can I find out if my board has 16-bit on board sound card? My headphones are plugged into the green speaker outlet in the back of my comp.

So, If I get that card, I can take my cable cord and plug it into the TV card, then run the nessecary cables to the onboard sound card?

Originally posted by monkeysofthebutt
Onboard sound is fine

Well you could connect your headphones directly to the tv-card. Otherwise any cheap soundcard or onboard audio will do just fine.

And you can´t connect a tv to the tv tuner unless you got a video card with tv-out Would be kind of pointless because I have yet to see a tv without a tv-tuner built in ;)

its too bad the people who post forst never seem to have a real answer. you dont need a sound card. the vid card has soing onboard. HOW do I know?
I have this card, plugged my speakers into it and boom =) sound
there is audio ot that allows you to patch sound from the card out into you existing sound card

Originally posted by obs
You have a 9800XT and onboard sound?... Jeez man, spend $35 on a SB Live! 5.1. It's better than any onboard sound out there.
nForce2 MCP-T nuff said
True for the P4 boards tho ;)

Originally posted by Blakk
its too bad the people who post forst never seem to have a real answer. you dont need a sound card. the vid card has soing onboard. HOW do I know?
I have this card, plugged my speakers into it and boom =) sound
there is audio ot that allows you to patch sound from the card out into you existing sound card

And then you should know that it won´t work with all speakers. As long as you have simple stereo speakers yes. You can hook them in and get full performance. Not if you have a center/subwoofer setup though all the times. It may work if you got a HT setup and you have those white and red dual rca contacts on your receiver for analogue out.

Back