PSX Port Mod

Do you think that would work with a PS2 controller ports? I have PS2 that has too many disc read errors and I need to get a new one anyways so I though I could do this with it. Hows things on the memory card front? BTW GREAT JOB!

This is such a cool mod to do. I was thinking about doing this a week ago when I was playing vice city on pc. I wish you could buy them instead of doing all of this work...:(

It could work with PS2 ports. Same concept, slightly different design. I don't know what the circuit board on the PS2 ports look like, but its still workable. The memory cards just have power for now. No one makes an USB reader that works the way they should. EMS also makes one, but it has a crazy interface that requires it to be plugged into a PS2 while hooked up to the computer.

CrimandEvil, Give you $15 to ship me that broken PS2. :p

Originally posted by Alexia

CrimandEvil, Give you $15 to ship me that broken PS2. :p
:) It's not quite broken...yet. It takes close to half an hour to boot up .Hack, some new stuff works like Fatal Frame 2 and Max payne 2 but Socom doesn't. I might just try and ride it out until '05 IF they release the PS3 in a reasonable timeline until then I'll keep taking it apart and see what I can do with it. I need to replace the laser but those things are like $50-80 (DAMN YOU SONY!!) I keep forgeting to call Sony and see if they would fix it at a reasonable cost, maybe some talk about getting an XBOX would grease the wheels alittle (PS2 in corner of room crying).

I just though of something, would you think the PS2 remote would work with the USB conversion? That would so cool!
Oh I almost forgot...Yes, yes I do.;)

Originally posted by CrimandEvil
I just though of something, would you think the PS2 remote would work with the USB conversion? That would so cool!
Oh I almost forgot...Yes, yes I do.;)

Well, from what I know its just a remote with the buttons arranged differently. I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I don't have one or a PS2 to test these things. I do know it works with controllers, dance pads, and light guns. YES, lights guns. You need a video card that has TV out though.

Back