PSU upgrade advice

scoundrel

n00b
I need advice. The 6700k of my signature uses a 650W 80+ Corsair PSU and it's been sufficient for 5 years. Now I plan on upgrading to 13600k and Radeon RX 6600 XT.
Will that PSU bare it all? If not, what would be the right one to grab?

Thanks guys. I was worried about this already costly rig upgrade. The eventual need for a new PSU would be a deal breaker for me. Good thing that I won't need overclocking the 13600k for a while as it's plenty of processment power, so the little room that such PSU would leave me for this doesn't matter much now.

All you need may not be the way to go. PSU's can last more than ten years meaning they may well be behind the tech verse before there warranty is out. Don't short change yourself now you may regret it later. That said, I would consider getting a PSU that is ATX 3.0. GPU manufacturers are openly suggesting 850w minimum for some GPUs. I'm not saying you need that now but do look down the road because it will be around for many moon to come. I'd recommend a minimum of Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 850W 80+ Gold ATX 3.0
It will work just fine with what you have and need it for now.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
All you need may not be the way to go. PSU's can last more than ten years meaning they may well be behind the tech verse before there warranty is out. Don't short change yourself now you may regret it later. That said, I would consider getting a PSU that is ATX 3.0. GPU manufacturers are openly suggesting 850w minimum for some GPUs. I'm not saying you need that now but do look down the road because it will be around for many moon to come. I'd recommend a minimum of Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 850W 80+ Gold ATX 3.0
It will work just fine with what you have and need it for now.
I know. That's why I asked for advice. What happens is that, by keeping the current PSU, I am able to upgrade now and, next year, get a better one with some extra upgrades. My goal is grabbing a 13900k/4090 as soon as their astonishing prices drop, so 13600k/6600XT will be here for roughly one year. I know that I won't be able to get 13900k/4090 running with that 650W PSU, so, it's wise to aknowledge this now. I will be aiming at some 1200W PSU then, as that capacity is plenty for me to run whatever for many moons to come.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back