Project: Ammo Lan (with built in monitor and Wireless NW router)

Status
Not open for further replies.
okie dokie i wanted to have a PC that was really upgradable, all-in-one design, and portable for national Lan parties....so i saw some ammo can PCs and i was hooked. however they wern't exactly what i wanted so i figured i could make it fit my needs rather easily.

with this in mind i started looking in to cases and and one thing led to another and here ya go a ammo lan PC with tons of built in goodies...

here is the components tray with all of the computer and NW switch stuff attached so i can take it out rather easily.
computerpackage2.jpg

computerpackage.jpg

here is the case with its 17" sony LCD monitor extended...
wholethingalmostdone.jpg

if there are any pics that you guys want of specific things i can snap them and post rather effortlessly so let me know.

this mod is still in progress and there will be many updates in the next week so check here for the full log and ALL updates:
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=63771

alrightie i just posted another update at bit-tech be aware there are TONS of pictures.

i made some covers for the volume knobs, finished the security circuit and had some problems with the PSU. read about it here: Updated 8-4-04!!

how about instead of posting a link to ANOTHER forum, you put the full log on here. I mean correct me if I am wrong, but that just doesnt seem right. I am one of those few who float between bit tech and here and I have my worklog on both forums. It just seems very impolite to [H] to send people to another site to look at your case.

JEEVES

JEEVES/whohasmyname? said:
how about instead of posting a link to ANOTHER forum, you put the full log on here. I mean correct me if I am wrong, but that just doesnt seem right. I am one of those few who float between bit tech and here and I have my worklog on both forums. It just seems very impolite to [H] to send people to another site to look at your case.

JEEVES
I agree.

oh, and the mod is looking great :) I'm curious what it looks like with the monitor pushed inside the case, or can it do that?

Ok you have a built in wireless router, but what are all of the wires going to?

Did you convert all of the Lan wires from RJ-45 to those big clunky plugs?
So you can have 4 people plug in to your router with adapter wires (RJ-45 to big clunky thingy)

Its very nice looking, I'm just wondering about all the large weird connectors.

Maybe labels for them might help.

well i would do that except this project is not done i still have to finish some things and if i post any updates then i will have to post them in two forums and besides do you guys want to load full pages of pics? i could do it if you want but i just think it would be easier to you guys to click a link and have the whole story all there. not all of my posts have pics and most of these posts are just as important as the ones that do. anyhow if you guys really want that i guess i could spend half an hour copy/paste copy/paste copy/paste......

NickTheNut said:
I agree.

oh, and the mod is looking great :) I'm curious what it looks like with the monitor pushed inside the case, or can it do that?

the monitor folds down and pushes inside of the case just like an upside down garage door.

chrisf6969 said:
Ok you have a built in wireless router, but what are all of the wires going to?

Did you convert all of the Lan wires from RJ-45 to those big clunky plugs?
So you can have 4 people plug in to your router with adapter wires (RJ-45 to big clunky thingy)

Its very nice looking, I'm just wondering about all the large weird connectors.

Maybe labels for them might help.

well yeah big-clunky was just the thing that i was going for. i wanted this to look like an old WWII radio. besides when i plug in the dongles it becomes very self explanitory. :D

MrBurritoMan said:
well i would do that except this project is not done i still have to finish some things and if i post any updates then i will have to post them in two forums and besides do you guys want to load full pages of pics? i could do it if you want but i just think it would be easier to you guys to click a link and have the whole story all there. not all of my posts have pics and most of these posts are just as important as the ones that do. anyhow if you guys really want that i guess i could spend half an hour copy/paste copy/paste copy/paste......

The whole story and every little nooberts post saying wow great and keep up the good work. I would prefer to go one place to have to sort through all that. And it is not realy as hard or long as you think to cut and paste from one forum to the other. It takes me less than 30 sec a post (and thats cuase of spam protection on forum). And this is a worklog so I do believe it is ok that your project is not done yet, just open to IE and copy paste after wrighting it on one forum. Dont be lazy, come on now. Oh and I dont know about others, but usualy i dont click on links in project logs takes much longer than loading the pics. The project is coming along nice, and i would like to see the finished product.

JEEVES

edit* please dont take anything i have said personaly, I am not trying to piss off or offend anyone. Just voicing my opinion. ;)

The whole story and every little nooberts post saying wow great and keep up the good work. I would prefer to go one place to have to sort through all that. And it is not realy as hard or long as you think to cut and paste from one forum to the other. It takes me less than 30 sec a post (and thats cuase of spam protection on forum). And this is a worklog so I do believe it is ok that your project is not done yet, just open to IE and copy paste after wrighting it on one forum. Dont be lazy, come on now. Oh and I dont know about others, but usualy i dont click on links in project logs takes much longer than loading the pics. The project is coming along nice, and i would like to see the finished product.

JEEVES

edit* please dont take anything i have said personaly, I am not trying to piss off or offend anyone. Just voicing my opinion. ;)

www.avantbrowser.com . Tabbed browsing, etc. It's IE, modified. Simply click a link, and recieve a window in a window.

Anyways, I browsed through that at bit-tech the other day (not registered yet tho), and it is really cool. Nice idea.

Maybe I just didn't see where it said it, but does the screen fold down and slide inside? Got any pictures of that?

Ok ok ok ok im going to take 1/2 an hour out of my life and copy/paste everything in to this forum... here it goes.. if there are any links that do not point to the right spot, dead pictures, or refreances that do not match then please let me know and i will fix them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back