Problem playing Euro Force in BF2...

Paithar

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a slight problem with the Euro Force booster pack for BF2. About 2 or 3 weeks ago, I got myself a new harddrive for my system and so I reloaded everything. When it came to BattleField2 I followed this basic set of steps...

Installed BF2
Installed Special Forces
Installed patch from 1.11 to 1.12
Installed patch from 1.12 to 1.20
Installed patch from 1.20 to 1.21
Installed Euro Force
Installed patch from 1.21 to 1.22

Now, everything went just fine during the install. I even started up both BF2 and Special Forces and had no problems. Well, just the other day I finally decided I wanted to play on a Euro Force map (because I hadn't played any Euro Force maps since the reinstall) and as soon as I try to connect to a server running Euro Force I get the message that I need to install Euro Force in order to play its maps.

I have every indication that Euro Force is installed. If you go to the Community tab (I believe it is) then the other tab below that where you can activate various mods for BF2 it shows that Euro Force is installed (I even tried activating it and that didn't work). Also, in the multiplayer server browser, I have the option for same mod or same version or whatever that option is checked. Since it is checked and Euro Force maps show up in the server browser that tells me that Euro Force is installed but for some reason I just can't play any of it's maps. I had no problems before I did the complete reinstall of my system.

Anyone have any ideas at all about this. I haven't tried uninstalling the game and then reinstalling again to see if that fixes it. I'll probably do this in a couple of days if nobody has any other ideas.

Thanks

I had the same problem. Here's what I did. It takes some time though. And by play I am saying. Boot up the game and let sit for a minute or two.

nstalled BF2
play
Installed Special Forces
play
Installed patch from 1.11 to 1.12
play
Installed patch from 1.12 to 1.20
play
Installed patch from 1.20 to 1.21
play
Installed Euro Force
play
Installed patch from 1.21 to 1.22
play

For some reason this worked for me.

Same problem But I solved it..

Make sure you ea downloader account has the right gamespy ID registered for it. As soon as you register it will activate EuroForce.

Back