PNY 6800GT at Compuplus

arockoholic

Weaksauce
I was curious if anyone has called to check the status of the cards seeing as it says in stock? Me thinks I'm going to go ahead and order one. And also the BFG's they ARE in stock right? Seeing as their so highly priced.

Idont know if they actually have any but i was looking at them too. I want a 6800GT but i refuse to be gouged 90$ above MSRP. Doom 3 can wait a week for that.

i ordered one yesterday, it shipped today.. should be here tomorrow or friday

CompuPlus is good about keeping their word.

so if they say its in stock then 9 out of 10 times it is.

Nice, just called computerhq about my gainward card again and the lady that I got the last time I called answered, she's nice but talks very soft and has a foreign accent thats very hard to understand =P Well she said my card would be shipped in august, then asked if there was a more specific day and she said in the 20's hehe...I told her to cancel it.

I just placed an order for the PNY 6800 GT with overnight shipping...heck I'm tired of waiting (even though I keep lying to myself saying I can wait)

arockoholic said:
I just placed an order for the PNY 6800 GT with overnight shipping...heck I'm tired of waiting (even though I keep lying to myself saying I can wait)

You know im about to do the same. Right now Im thinking i can wait a few weeks to play doom 3 and get a 6800 gt for 400 or less shipped. I know when it hits store shelves i wont be able to resist and ill be stuck with my 9800 pro on a 1600x1200 native resolution LCD kicking myself while watching a slide show.

i just ordered one. Honestly...it seems everyone that has cards available (BFG,eVGA,PNY) are using rebadged reference designs complete with the reference hsf unit.

tranCendenZ said:
order. hestitation = lose

So true. I ordered. Should be here friday, I did over night shipping since it was only 5 more than the cheapest.

Doom at 16x12 w00t.

Same here, I picked overnight as well, and just got the email for my tracking number, I'm stoked!

My best buy, Circuit City, CompUSA, nor anyone else gets them till I'd say November or December. Hopefully they will go out of business for their ridiculously high prices and crappy service.

holy smokes!

the PNY GT was $419 at CompuPlus this morning and its now at $459! :eek:

sheez.... talk about supply and demand.

No shit? When I ordered they were still 419, awesome. Fedex tracking says it will be here tomorrow (Thursday) before 3pm!

My PNY 6800 GT shipped today :D . It will be here tomorrow. After reading the doom 3 hard ware guide im very happy im getting the 6800. My 9800 pro would only be able to do medium quality at 1024x768 with a good frame rate. That would look terrible on my LCD. Being gouged 20$ is worth it this time.

Back