Plextor Premium

Tiny

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey folks,

I have recently run into trouble with my Plextor Premium. It won't burn anything. It reads just fine, and will 'see' all my media.

I just reformatted and XP 'sees' it also, Nero 'sees' it, (I see it:D ).

Plextor tech says NOT to use the Plextools program with XP. Nero has a little 'NO'(you know the circle with the line through it)logo on the drive selection screen.

All firmware and software drivers and all XP stuff is uptodate.

I don't remember where I bought it(it was online, that I do know), and I don't know where I put the reciept for it, I do have the retail box for it though. Plextor Support tells me that I can't RMA it.

The only thing that I can think of is that(very stupidly n00b-like super dumbarse used the paperclip eject mode while the disk was spinning[the comp. froze]). That is when I started having problems, saying it "could not set laser config". Did I FUBAR my drive. Sure hope not, but if I did, I deserve it for being a stoop.

Stats:
XPhome SP1(all updates)
Plextor Premium fv1.05
Opterite DVD+-R/RW
Biostar nf2 M7NCG
AthlonXP2000
80gb WDSE
120gb WDSE

Drive system is damaged.

Throw it away, buy a new one, and consider this a hard lesson learned.;)

Originally posted by Icewindius
Drive system is damaged.

Throw it away, buy a new one, and consider this a hard lesson learned.;)

I was afraid of this, guess I can take it apart and see if I can tinker with it, just for kicks.

Oh well, a retail box at the Egg is only 80 I think. Leason learned:( since I paid over 200 when I got it.

Originally posted by Tiny
I have no idea what that means.

Pay It Forward...was a movie. Means "since its jacked (and I can probably fix it with spare parts I have) would you give it to me?"

I'll pay shipping :D

oh yeah, I saw that movie, was a good one. PM me more info.

aww that sux man!!
my plextwriter is being cool:cool:
hopefully i dont mess with it in the future:eek:

Back