Please help with new Asylum5900NU!!!

xtreme350z

n00b
Hello. I really need some help on what to do here, i have tried everything i know! It shows 4 lines under the mouse that follows it. it kind of looks like this
(mouse being here)
|| || || ||
|| || || ||

ok, then when i boot windows at the loading screen it gives me a bunch of blue lines all over the place. If someone could please help me it would be greatly appreciated! i really need help!!!!!! thanks

Sounds like something that happens when you overclock. If it's not OC'd it could be defective.

Yep. It's hosed. Unless of course they shipped it w/ an unplugged fan & you can just plug it back in. (not likely) Yell some obscenities. Personally I'd have a six pack or stop by the Duke of Perth for a few pints of Bellhaven. Take it back or call for an RMA & visit FedEx tomorrow.

RMA = Return Merchandise Authorization.
Shorthand for send it back. (Or take it back if you got it at a store)

Did you clean out all of the video card drivers from your previous card? This is especially important if you had an Ati card before..

Originally posted by joemama
Did you clean out all of the video card drivers from your previous card? This is especially important if you had an Ati card before..
Exactly. I would suggest reformating to make sure.

I am also curious what motherboard you are running. I ask because I had the exact same thing happen on a few Epox motherboards I built for people. At first I thought it was the onboard video, so I added my card, no change, then narrowed it to ram, but changing ram didn't help either. Turns out some Epox bios version suck ass royally, getting new bios solved everything. Of course, this may not be limited to Epox, but they are the only company I have experienced this with.

If you have had your system for a while and it always worked great, then what I said above is less likely.

Back