Plasma Pong, my god...im addicted

As addictive as the original.. Which made me go to the attic and bring the original dowstairs.. It still works.. To bad I can't get the originals controller to work with my pc :(

might i add the game is much more amazing if you have a GOOD CRT with contrast all the way up and the brightness near 0 so you still get true blacks

I can see this being addictive...but I manage to play just one game. :eek:

The ball behavior is so erratic...it's hard to enjoy.

thats really sweet, the ES posthumus song in the background adds.

i reccomend pressing the L button until your at like level 35+ the game gets real intense :D

i love level 140 :p

So many colors :p

I love the music, reminds me a lot of the original Unreal Tournament for some reason.

paranoia4422 said:
i reccomend pressing the L button until your at like level 35+ the game gets real intense :D

i love level 140 :p
they singers start to sound like mice at around 65

That is a pretty sweet game. Anyone remember an Asteroids game similar to this one with mind warping colours? I can't find it anymore :(

Good game, Somehow it keeps the ball liek I'm holding down right, but I'm still shooting, it's mega pwnage. I'm sucking up all his juice and flooding the field with mine.. and then when I release the ball it does that explosion. So It's just like insta-death for the comp. Anyone know how I did it?

paranoia4422 said:
ive been playing it for the past hour....i cant stop
...And now I have too. Thanks ;)

Though the Pong component doesn't interest me much... I've spent an hour and a half fiddling around in the sandbox mode. Make sure "Vorticity Confinement" is set to 1 - it stops vortices from dissipating and gives the fluid a much more turbulent look (rather than settling out to a laminar (smooth) flow almost immediately).

paranoia4422 said:
it definatley worth trying a shrooms trip on :D
That sounds like a good idea... unfortunately they're out of season down here at the moment...

Looks like it'll have to be acid :D

shrooms are never out of season, they sell sterelized grow bags and spores in a sterile needle......just let it sit next to the window sill for however long it takes then dry em out :D

I have some mushrooms growing in my backyard somewhere... but I kinda thing you guys are talking about a different type.. :rolleyes:

wow..... I had to take a shower and now this.... bye bye hygine.
Also, this would make a good PhysX demo for Aegia I think, just make it more complex and it would be cool. He should sell it on the xbox marketplace... I think it would make a hefty penny.

ludachaz said:
wow..... I had to take a shower and now this.... bye bye hygine.
Also, this would make a good PhysX demo for Aegia I think, just make it more complex and it would be cool. He should sell it on the xbox marketplace... I think it would make a hefty penny.

That wouldn't make a good PhysX demo... waaaaaay to simple and easy.
Fun game, but I'd be pretty damn dissapointed if I paid money for it.

Also, has anyone just hit L until a really really high level? When the whole screen is just solid colors, no black at all. It doesnt really make sense when it gets up there, it's just all one color and the ball still moves around in wierd angles.

Rofl-Mic-Lofl said:
That wouldn't make a good PhysX demo... waaaaaay to simple and easy.
I agree that the game is too simple and easy, but the fluid simulation itself would make a pretty good PhysX tech demo. With dedicated hardware behind it you could crank the detail way up (ie the quality of the simulation, determined by grid resolution and the number of iterations in the diffusion/advection calculations).

EDIT: Oops...

Meh, needs work. I see little reason to use the left click. Rick click does more than needed, just use the CPU's jets against itself.

Back