Physics & MMOFPS games

ReTiCuLeX

Gawd
Okay, so we have physics out. What titles are actually Massive Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter games, that support Physics? I mean look at the downside, if MMOFPS games like Huxley coming to the market donot support Physics I can't see a real reason to buy one. Most games that are just FPS like Ghost Recon AW and Unreal 2007 will lose players fast as always, thus leaving a useless $300 card in your PC, because no one else really plays them online. Just my opinion.

So enlighten me, which games are MMORPG/FPS that will support Physics?

- ReT

the only MMOFPS I have ever even heard of besides huxley is planetside, and that game is old. Also, UT2003 and UT2004 were aimed at the online gamers, (although yes a number of people still end up playing it offline).

WWIIOnline = MMOFPS and the new SWG is pretty much an MMOFPS now

Is cellfactor an indication that modern online bandwidth isn't enough for online games to support PhysX features? This isn't really a deterrent to me because I am not really so much into run and gun games all that much anymore since the last 10 years there really hasn't been all that much else on PC. The biggest deterrent is that I have heard nothing about any non-fps games taking advantage of PhysX. I am really starting miss the days of games like Interstate 76 and Wing Commander.

My wish is that PhysX would spark some more innovation in PC gaming again (single player or otherwise) like when 3D cards first hit but I am doubting that will happen because of piracy and other money factors.

H-street said:
WWIIOnline = MMOFPS and the new SWG is pretty much an MMOFPS now

Nah, SWG Failed at being a game now, we can't even call it an FPS or an RPG. lol

@ The OP : Games that are "just FPS" do just fine. In fact many many more people play games that are "just FPS" than play games that are MMOFPS. Most of these "just FPS" games and the ones you mentioned have very strong online components.

You post reeks of strage assumptions. Everything you say about the PPU could be said about the video card. It's not like the PPU games coming out will be the only ones to ever come out. Besides an MMOFPS wouldn't even be able to use a PPU to it's full capability due to bandwidth.

Back