PC error not resuming cleanly from sleep, restarting - i9-12900kf + ddr5 6400 ram and MSI z690-a Unify with 1000 watt psu? bios issue?

markm75

Gawd
Lately i seem to be getting a lot of issues with the computer on pressing the power button to resume from sleep with my setup.

I dont overclock, i have most turbo settings if not all on auto, i have the cpu volts fixed however at 1.255 llc6 adaptive setting, the ddr is xmp and auto, which comes out at 6400.
(auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt )

The psu is a 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum ; Windows 11 latest build, have ran things like sfc scannow etc

Im not sure if there is just a setting that is causing this in the bios, or some other issue.

I think the specific bug code was Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001 (its coming from sleep not hibernation however)

Anyone ran into this?

I've opted to go auto on volts + adaptive for a short stint, so far no issues, however temps are 100c during msfs vs 87C with 1.255 + adaptive, so i guess next ill just bump up from 1.255 until stable. You would think running stock clocks would be easy and not have to play the volts game, apparently not.

I've opted to go auto on volts + adaptive for a short stint, so far no issues, however temps are 100c during msfs vs 87C with 1.255 + adaptive, so i guess next ill just bump up from 1.255 until stable. You would think running stock clocks would be easy and not have to play the volts game, apparently not.

Instead of lowering volts set the motherboard to the power target below 253W (I don't remember on my MSI board but I think it was like 146W?) if you don't like messing with this stuff. When I had my 13900K on a Z690 board it automatically set it to the water cooling 4096W and it would go to 100C no problem on a 360AIO.

Instead of lowering volts set the motherboard to the power target below 253W (I don't remember on my MSI board but I think it was like 146W?) if you don't like messing with this stuff. When I had my 13900K on a Z690 board it automatically set it to the water cooling 4096W and it would go to 100C no problem on a 360AIO.
I already had the power limit on 241 watts though, not the watercooler 4096 it tries for, i figure i'm probably not far off at the old 1.255, ill just go up a tad and when i dont get a failed power save im good, however i can get 2 or 3 in a row no issues.. and other stress tests were perfect, so this one was weird.

Update BIOS like learners permit suggested.

If still occurring with your current BIOS changes, load optimized default with XMP turned on. Does it still happen? Might be those changes you made. If it's still happening I'd put in a ticket with MSI.

Update BIOS like learners permit suggested.

If still occurring with your current BIOS changes, load optimized default with XMP turned on. Does it still happen? Might be those changes you made. If it's still happening I'd put in a ticket with MSI.
Yeah that might be my next recourse (bios updated already)

I bumped voltage but this time the stop code occurred after trying to sleep: 0x0000001e

I guess more bumping is at hand i think i have it at 1.265 now instead of 1.255

Back