P4P800 deluxe

intel42.4c

n00b
Hey everyone,
I have a concern....

I bought asus p4p800 deluxe from newegg and had to return the board because there were problems.

I got an even exchange on the same board, and once again still having problems.

Basically, what happening is, it will not post. The first board, I check my cpu, memory and all worked, and finally figured out its my mobo...and yet I'm still having the same problems on my second board.

My question is, is anyone having this same problem, or is it just bad luck that i'm having with this board...

Or is it that I am missing some kind of power jumper to get this thing going..

thanks in advance

Is it possible they sent back the same board to you? If you have the CMOS jumper in the right position and your RAM and CPU work, you should at least get it to boot.

What CPU are you using? I assume the 2.4C in your sig, but I want to make sure. Also, when you say it won't boot, does it make any beeps or try to power up? I recall the I865 not being able to work with older A revision CPU's.

-Sean

octech,
thanks for replying..and yes I do have the 2.4c...also there is no beeping sound or anything...

Basically, there is no power going at all to the cd and cdrw drives..

I already checked my power supply, and the fans turn on..so I know its nothing to do with the ps...

Question: Do you have to connect the the atx 12v connector? I'm thinking this could be the problem. Am I right?

thanks in advance

You do have to connect that 12V P4 connector, or else your system won't boot.

Have you tried those components out in a second system? Something else may be bad. If this is any consolation, my first P4P800 would not boot with stuff in sig either but I RMA'd it and everything worked fine.

Originally posted by intel42.4c
octech,
thanks for replying..and yes I do have the 2.4c...also there is no beeping sound or anything...

Basically, there is no power going at all to the cd and cdrw drives..

I already checked my power supply, and the fans turn on..so I know its nothing to do with the ps...

Question: Do you have to connect the the atx 12v connector? I'm thinking this could be the problem. Am I right?

thanks in advance

LOL! Are you kidding me? I was getting scared for a second because I bought this board and I'm not going to be able to test it until the Prescott's are released. But yeah, you have to connect the atx 12v connector, how else do you think it is supposed to get power?

thanks for all your replies...I just read my manual..and it does say you have to connect it..dam...that was stoopid...

anyways..thanks again..much help..

Back