P4C800 Deluxe HELL finally over!!!!

batotman

2[H]4U
Six months living with that board....SIX MONTHS!!! Six months of dealing with audio crackling constantly.....oh its the soundcard try a different one try the onboard try a different slot.....nope.....as I held all along it was that damn board.

Replaced it with a P4C800-E Deluxe.....direct swap didn't reinstall anything....problem solved.......ah much relief.

Yeah apparently I was one of the few unfortunate ones. Thats what I get for buying it as soon as it hit the shelf....for $229 no less lol.

Sorry to hear you had such grief with your P4C800 (no E) Deluxe...and welcome about the EEEEEEExpress!

So far, I am extremely pleased with my E.

*Eight* USB 2 ports (all high-speed capable!), onboard Intel GigE LAN, onboard FireWire (neither of which uses the PCI bus) as well as onboard RAID (five different variants of RAID, to be precise).

The only *quibbles* (if you can call them that) are:

1. Awful onboard sound support (if you're a gamer); fortunately, buying an Audigy 2 ZS fixes that.

2. You have to download a driver to use the onboard Promise RAID in *any* OS, and it's completely unusable in Solaris 9.

Pluses:

1. Dual-channel ready (and 800 MHz PSB ready as well).

2. HT-ready! Drop in an Intel HT processor and serve.

3. CPU and RAM can be run semi-asynchronously (800 MHz FSB and 533 MHz FSB RAM *will* not only boot, but work; I'm in such a configuration right now). Even PAT still works in this mode.

4. Retire your Ethernet card! Gigabit-ready, right now. Add a gigabit router and you can go gigabit to the desktop. (Have a gigabit NIC already? Then you can *build* a gigabit router.)

Funny I too was an early adopter of this motherboard (bought it back in May 2003 at $329.00 Canadian lol!).

Unlike your experience however I have had zero sound problems......I originally had a Soundblaster Audigy 2 installed no problems and now more recently a Audigy 2 2 ZS again absolutely no sound issues). I have it setup with 6.1 Inspire speakers.

I would never give up my P4C800 Deluxe; I love this board, sorry to "hear" you had bad experiences with yours.

Kared

Back