overclocking question/problem

kolhydro

[H]Lite
ive fooled around with my system many times just messing around generally overclocking---such as just raising the fsb from 133 to 137mhz, however recently ive started to make it a little more dramatic. i have an abit kg7-raid motherboard, amd athlon xp2000+ tbred cpu, and 768mb of crucial pc2100 memory; all other components are listed as needed in my sig.

anyhow:

right now ive managed to get it up to a 150mhz fsb without any problems at all, my cpu temp under a full load is [and im sorry i cant provide celcius temps] around 105F. i am completely air cooled with 5 extra case fans including a blower in a pci card slot. i understand that the cpu isnt running too hot, however, i hit a ceiling at 152mhz fsb and i get constant blue screens in games. im thinking that my limitation is either 1] memory or 2] cpu needs to be notched up a volt/possibly even memory as well. any ideas? [the memory is also only rated for 133mhz anyhow]

thanks

-hydro

Most people don't consider their overclock safe until they've run Prime95 (search google for it) for a few hours on the torture test; or at the very least see if their pc will pass the Benchmark test. I'm not a very experienced overclocker and have only overclocked my machine before (which I'm happy with) but I think it's most likely to be your memory holding you back, you could try relaxing the timing e.g. change 5-2-2-2 to 11-3-2-3 (just guessing here, I don't know the timings for your memory) but if this doesn't work then you could lower the FSB and raise the multiplier for your CPU; and if necessary up the voltage a very little bit.

Back