Opinions on Dell 1901 LCD

GNNR |AVault|

[H]ard|Gawd
1901 FP?

I suspect I was offered a 1901 for trade. Edited this message.

Any opinions on it? I game, alot... is it good for that? I wouldn't be able to tolerate ghosting, but I am mildly color blind so I don't consider myself overly picky either.

I was just reading that thread. Sounds like, when properly configured, the ghosting is more or less minimal except in scenes/games with alot of gray. Sound right?

And what is meant by 'proper configuration'? I assume that you mean in DVI mode with the Refresh rates locked down in the drivers? What else to add to that?

--------------------------

I would love to get a 1800 FP, but no one is offering up one on the forums for my 9800XT 256MB card *sigh*... something that shocked me kind of. Had a million emails and pms, but no LCDs and I can't get enough out of it in cash to get one right now and I figured I could nab one in a straight trade since alot of folks go theres for around 400 bucks on special.

Then it also depends on what other specs are important to you, like resolution, viewable size and how long you keep a monitor.

I bought the 20 over the 18/19 due to larger size and better resolution. I also keep equipment for a good couple years so I don't mind paying more.

The Dell 18 or 19 are great choices. Everyone on these boards are mostly pleased with both.

Maybe consider other monitors for trade. The Planars are worth a look.

18 is fine for me... my workstation is spaced to handle that. I use a 17 BenQ FP767 right now and LOVE it, but it's a smidge too small... and it has to go back soon (review item). I am open to any suggestions honestly, and would sell my card outright to get cash for what I am looking for... which is:

12 - 25ms response time
18 - 19 inch
DVI capable (preferably with the cable)
Minimal to 'no' ghosting
Bright
Minimal banding (though I would run at the native res)
Black or silver/grey bezel

So, if anyone has suggestions beyond the 1800 or 1901 fire away...

Originally posted by GNNR |AVault|
1901 FP?

Any opinions on it? I game, alot... is it good for that?

that statement right there would tell me to tell you not to get the 1901FP.

I had one and while it was a great LCD for me, I dont think it'd be a great LCD for someone who games alot. there is noticeable ghosting action with that LCD even with my (ghosting) forgiving eyes.

I just got my 1901FP today and im sending it back to upgrade to the 2001FP. This monitor ghosts a lot and it is very noticeable. My 1800FP is beautiful but the 1901FP will not work for gaming at all. Either get an 1800FP or a 2001FP.

Originally posted by Viper22
This monitor ghosts a lot and it is very noticeable. My 1800FP is beautiful but the 1901FP will not work for gaming at all.

heh, you'd be surprised how many times I have preached that to people and yet there still always manages to be some clown that comes along and tells me something like:

"no Ozzie, you're wrong man. I have the 1901FP and it doesnt ghost one bit...."

Jesus, I dont preach what I dont know and God only knows how many Dell LCDs I've had so I would think its safe to assume by now that I know what I'm talking about when it comes to their (Dell's) LCDs.

Originally posted by ozziegn
heh, you'd be surprised how many times I have preached that to people and yet there still always manages to be some clown that comes along and tells me something like:

"no Ozzie, you're wrong man. I have the 1901FP and it doesnt ghost one bit...."

Jesus, I dont preach what I dont know and God only knows how many Dell LCDs I've had so I would think its safe to assume by now that I know what I'm talking about when it comes to their (Dell's) LCDs.

I know how you feel man...i grabbed the 1901FP since it was only $169 additional on my moms new system and i was gonna give her my 1800FP.

Now either i am getting a 2001FP or am just gonna give her the 1901FP havent decided yet.

Back