Only a couple days until ordering my first P4 system!

jhatfie

[H]ard|Gawd
Decided on putting together my first Intel computer here in a few days. I was thinking of going A64, but I've not been to impressed with the current motherboards lack of overclocking friendliness and I've heard of several CPU's dieing. Besides, if I can get a P4 up to around 3.5 or 3.6, it should hold me off until the A64 platform matures a bit more (better chipsets) and DDR2 and PCI express is readily available in 6-12 months.

So I was thinking of getting a Abit AI7 and a P4 2.8C or 3.0C (perhaps prescott if they do infact come out looking good). But out of the northwoods, which would I have a better chance of getting a good OC out of? I was thinking of getting some Mushkin Level 1 PC3500 (2x512). How are they performing? I know they are not as good as BH5 based ram, but as long as the OC pretty well and run decent timings (2-3-3) the price is totally right ($199 for a 1G dual channel pack at newegg)

As always, any recommendations or advise are welcomed. I currently have a Whitewater waterblock, Hydor L30 and other watercooling goodies to help with this system, along with 2 80GB Hitachi SATA's, Thermaltake 480W PSU, etc.

Back