One tough cookie this motherboard is...

OUCH

Gawd
CRW_0044.jpg

CRW_0047.jpg

CRW_0051.jpg

Don't know when or how it happened, I haven't taken my motherboard out of my case for the past 3-4 years I think... I didn't start leaving the case open till 2-3 years ago.. I've spilled water on the case, dropped stuffed inside my case.. So who knows what could've happened..

Oh and the computer is still working, infact I'm using it right now.

Impressive motherboard to go through that and still work. By the way what brand is the motherboard? I am just curious.

Oh it's an ASUS CUSL2-C running an OCed P3 700e (Overclocked to 1050)

I have a CUSL2 in my hand, and looking there, there is a jumper. it says "USBPWR56"

which is what looks like melted on yours, and between that and the very edge is a small device which i think is a self healing fuse.

maybe a bit of metal touched the power pins of the USB 5/6 header that is there and blew the fuse or whatever it is, and melted the jumper.

anyways if you do not use that USB 5/6 header you should be fine.

Funny thing is I was using it, didn't stop till today... When I took everything apart..

Err I meant I didn't stop using that USB Port till today when I took the computer apart.. The USB Port never stopped working

Heh, kinda funny, you can see the balled up blue plastic that use to encase the jumper:) Oh well, if it's not broken, don't try to fix it!;)

Back