Old school rig...

Master [H]

2[H]4U
I'm starting a new mod.

I'm not sure if they work still or not, but I've got a couple of CD-ROM's that are so old they use CD caddies. The tops are pretty shiny, so I'm thinking of having the open drive area's above them cleared out and just put some plexiglass there...possibly with some switches.

The full component list:

Epox EP-MPV3G2 Socket 7
AMD K6-2 450MHz
Some matrox PCI card (not sure what it is yet---pulled from parts pile)
Adaptec 2906 50-pin SCSI adapter
2x Sony SCSI CD-ROM
3COM ISA 10/100 NIC
SB ISA
Generic 250W PSU
Western Digital 10GB HDD
64MB PC100 (for now)
Vantec CCK 6027D (with quiter YS Tech fan)

I'll probably slap an IDE CD-ROM in there as well since I doubt the SCSI CD-ROM's are anything faster than 2x.

One side panel will be plexiglass as I'd done a mod on the one side before (first mod, very crappy), and don't seem to have it anyway.

I've seen some spray paint that gives a stone-like look to the surface and I'm thinking of using that.

I'm gonna mod the PSU as well. If I kill it, oh well. It's a small cheap one.

No pics yet...

I'm putting it in a full tower

I saw some Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish at the store and am wondering about that...I'm thinking of polishing the PSU exterior with that stuff and maybe the frame of the case as well. It's steel, but they say the stuff is for all metals, but I'm looking for info from people who have tried this.

I'm at least gonna have to do that on the cover of the SCSI CD-ROMs as they could easily shine up a bit better if that stuff works.

Back