ocz gold pc4000el hates dividers?

expl0it

Limp Gawd
swapped out my corsair for a gig of ocz pc4000el. runs fine at 270 1:1 3-4-4-8 scoreing 6,320 sandra membench. at 270 same timeings 5:4 it wont even post. what gives here? I know ocz really like 1:1 but hmm.

my ocz pc4000 gold works good at 5:4 or 3:2 on the ic7-max3, taken it all the way to 310fsb

What corsair was you using before? I would put it back in and use it instead. Sandra scores dont mean a crap. I dont know why people even base RAM off of them. If you have some good corsair that will run 2-2-2 i'd definately stick that in with a 3:2 divider. I would even try to swap again for some Mushkin lvl 2 before newegg runs out. Mushkin has finally depleted their supply of BH-5. Have you tested that OCZ much with memtest and other programs? I really hate OCZ. They usually put up alot of errors just at their rated speeds. MaximumPC showed how poor they were back in november.

Originally posted by burningrave101
What corsair was you using before? I would put it back in and use it instead. Sandra scores dont mean a crap. I dont know why people even base RAM off of them. If you have some good corsair that will run 2-2-2 i'd definately stick that in with a 3:2 divider. I would even try to swap again for some Mushkin lvl 2 before newegg runs out. Mushkin has finally depleted their supply of BH-5. Have you tested that OCZ much with memtest and other programs? I really hate OCZ. They usually put up alot of errors just at their rated speeds. MaximumPC showed how poor they were back in november.

old stuff was corsairxms pc3200, was able to hit 3.62ghz 3:2 loose timeings but that was only stable enough for a screenshot or two. I was running it daily at 3.4ghz 3:2 forget the timeings now. But I think that mem took a beating It was moved over from my previous rig and its seen better days finally farted and would only run my 2.4c at stock no turbo or nuthin. I'm thinkin about ebaying these ocz sticks and trying that mushkin lvl2. 1:1 270 isnt shabby but I want my dividers.

this is just crazy. it'll boot 277 1:1 but even with the loosest timeings turbo etc off it wont even post 3:2. these sticks are goin on ebay.

edit: went back to 1011bios from 1014 still no help. :mad:

Originally posted by expl0it
this is just crazy. it'll boot 277 1:1 but even with the loosest timeings turbo etc off it wont even post 3:2. these sticks are goin on ebay.

edit: went back to 1011bios from 1014 still no help. :mad:

I've read other places that the P4C800 Deluxe has problems with some memory at a 3:2 or 5:4 divider.

Who knows?

Originally posted by GRAFiZ
I've read other places that the P4C800 Deluxe has problems with some memory at a 3:2 or 5:4 divider.

Who knows?

dividers worked fine with my old corsair sticks. frustrating.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by expl0it
dividers worked fine with my old corsair sticks. frustrating.:rolleyes:

Yep, thats what I've heard, some memory works fine, some doesnt.

It's just the Abit IC7-MAX3... some people have huge problems with them, some dont.

It's just luck of the draw.

Back