Oculus Rift Virtual Pinball Cabinet Mod

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Oculus Rift Virtual Pinball Cabinet Mod.

First iteration.
Oculus Rift Virtual Pinball Cabinet Mod! - Tested.com

Wooden cabinet version.
How to Build the PinSim Virtual Reality Pinball Machine
How to Build the PinSim Virtual Reality Pinball Machine - Tested.com

Video of the original. At least skip to him playing if you're not into pinball. Worth the watch!

87743-img_1881.jpg

this is cool. I saw it the other day on tested's yt channel.
I built a non-vr version of this for my snes in the 90s. used an old controller and a big speaker box.

cool stuff, gotta say though, looks like the second pic that guy is about to hurl lol.

This is one of my problems with VR currently. Who wants to play pinball, or build little machines out of balloons, or bake cake in VR? The software is all rubbish. We need real games.

The Elite Dangerous implementation is really bad and blurry. Chronos looks cool. Alien Isolation, are they coming out with a VR mod for that or just use one of the generic 2D to VR converter software? I did play "The Gallery", that was pretty fun.

Hah, it was kinda a serious question. Is someone really going to don a VR headset for hours to play pinball?

Project cars does look pretty good! Although, knowing me I'd have to go out and buy $1500 worth of driving gear to "experience it" properly. :)

Hah, it was kinda a serious question. Is someone really going to don a VR headset for hours to play pinball?

Yes. I'm putting together a ghetto version of this the day my Vive has a ship date. This is exactly the sort of thing this first iteration of VR can be good at. It's a physical experience with minimal sensory inputs, but a fundamentally familiar form of interaction. It's easy to make a great experience with the limited technology available. Anyone who wants VR to be a success with regular consumers should be all over games like this, because this is what it's going to take.

I'm bothered by the notion that pinball isn't a "real game" when it's the fucking OG of electronic games.

I love pinball personally. Wish I had the room and money for an new machine. My dad tossed my old machine in the early 1980's.

Back