Oblivion: Possible AA+HDR on Nvidia Cards?

Moderman

Limp Gawd
I was recntly messing around on oblivion, and found out how to Enable AA+HDR on my 7800GT at the same time. I don't know if this is old news but I'll tell you how to do it.

First: Turn off AA in Oblivion Options and turn on HDR.

second:Make sure AA is off in driver settings which is under your advance options under Display properties.

Third: Start Oblivion in game play then Ctrl Alt delete Out and enable 2x AA (This is the only setting I tried so far so you may try higher settings). Also Ctrl Alt Deleting out of your game might freeze your game. So it might take a few tries.

Fourth: enjoy, and again If this is old new im sorry.

Moderman

Interesting. Does the user need to change it everytime? (wouldn't think so) Thanks for the tip, going to try it now :D

dj_2004 said:
Interesting. Does the user need to change it everytime? (wouldn't think so) Thanks for the tip, going to try it now :D

I don't think it actually needs to be changed just set once. I'll look into it more.

Well, after trying 2x, 4x, then back to application controlled it all looks the same. Nvidia cannot use AA + HDR at the same time. It's a hardware issue. Unless you are having different results?

It is a physical hardware limitation of the current nvidia cards. You cannot get AA and HDR on it. Most likely you are only seeing bloom and AA. There is no hope for it in this generation of video cards for nvidia.

Well I here is another forum were some guy got same results as me also has screenshots Here
Also It wont look as good as the Oblivions AA cause thing farther away seem more rough.

"what you may perceive as AA is actually just the quincunx induced blur." Judging from his pictures thats whats happening. Will give this another try :)
Pictures from me, Textures on medium if that makes a difference:
No AA

2xQ

I prefer it w/o as you can see it makes little difference buts takes away some of the fine details (look at the windows).

dj_2004 said:
"what you may perceive as AA is actually just the quincunx induced blur." Judging from his pictures thats whats happening. Will give this another try :)
Pictures from me, Textures on medium if that makes a difference:
No AA

2xQ

I prefer it w/o as you can see it makes little difference buts takes away some of the fine details (look at the windows).

Well can't see to much a difference. BTW what texture mod you runnin.

Moderman said:
Well can't see to much a difference. BTW what texture mod you runnin.
Pretty much every one out. Search for packs by Jarrod and Qarl (install this ontop of Jarrod's).

Back