Oblivion Demo?

jnick

2[H]4U
Hey guys,

Just wondering if there is/going to be an Oblivion Demo? I'm not quite sure if I'm going to like the game as I've never really played an RPG like it before. I normally stick to FPS (Doom, Fear, BF2, etc), and some RTS (Starcraft LONG ago, a little WC3). The only RPG type games I've played was Spider-Man and GTA 3 (if you call those RPGs) for PS2, but that was about 2 years ago. I never played an FF series nor Morrowind.

I obviously don't want to throw away $50 on a game I'm never going to play, therefore, is there a demo or plans for a demo? Or is there a demo of a game LIKE it?

Nope, there won't be one probally either.

The reason (at least what the devs say) is because of the nature of the game. They fell that a demo can't really show the openess of the world and such things.

Though I highhhhhhly recommend it :), most fun I've had in an rpg in years.

If you're looking for a game like it with a demo then I suggest the Gothic series.

www.3dgamers.com/games/gothic

It's an older game, but quite open like the TES games and one of my most liked rpg series.

They are working on Gothic III at the moment and it's looking very very nice, as good/better then even Oblivion does. www.gothic3.com

Hey man, Thanks for the info. I figured there wouldn't be a demo, but no harm in confirming it :).

I did however watch EVERY single video on Game-Trailers about it, and I think I know have a REALLY good feel for the game, and it seems fantastic. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow!

Wow, Gothic3 does look good! Though only thing I noticed from a video preview is it looks to be in only 4rf person. That would be a negative for me :(. now if it's like Oblivion where you can switch between 1st and 3rd, then I'm game :)

The best part of Oblivion is the grand scale of the game. Just like in the "7 down to 2 days" trailers, everything you see, you can visit. The hills way off in the distance, if you have the time, you can go out there. That mountian, go climb it. That river and that lake are full of fish ans crabs. There are Rats, Wolves, Bears, Deer, butterflies, birds ect. in the enviroment.

The Sun rises and sets each day. The world has weather, it gets overcast, rains and is sunny. People smile at you and say HI as you pass them. They have jobs and homes and problems of there own. There are criminals in the cities as well as homeless, pirates, and shop keeps.

It's a real world and at times it feels real!

Yeah a basic tech demo even would have been kind of nice. So at least people could fire it up and say "hey my system runs this like crap, need to upgrade first".

Your computer can run it fine. That's all you need to know. :)

I'm not an RPG fan either. Some games are just good though. It interested you enough to ask, and it will deliver.

The game should also take a while to play through. No need to sit on your hands with a 6800GT. Who knows, I might SLI before this is all said and done.

If you want, do what i did and buy Morrowind to see what all the fuss is about. It's only $20, and probably cheaper if you shop around. I was wondering what the big deal about Oblivion was so I bought Morrowind, and now i can't stop playing. I'll play Oblivion in a little while. :p

Go to a video store and rent a 360 and oblivion. Game plays the same and you'll be able to see if you like it without investing $50.

Back