NVidia TV-Out

kovermours

Limp Gawd
I'm having some problems with the built-in S-Video output on my GF4 MX440. It's NTSC output on an NTSC TV (1st generation Panasonic Tau). I'm getting nothing but a crappy-quality black and white picture with tons of scanlines. I know the video card works, because I've have primo output on a much older TV when running it through a VCR with S-Video support. I don't have that VCR anymore so I can't test it.

Latest drivers updates dx9 yadda yadda

I am having the SAME exact problem. I never got to test on another tv or anything... but my tv-out (svid) on my card (gigabyte rad. 7000) is crap-tastic. At first it was black and white, after making sure both connections were seated firmly, it gave a little color, now I have it displaying decent color.

The contrast is horrible, and I can't even read the "Start" on the lower toolbar.

we need help :(

any video out with yellow composite, or s-video is going to look bad on a TV except movies and some games. Text will almost always be unreadable simply because of the filters used when video comes in from these sources. Now if you get a video card with Component (red, green, blue) plugs/adapter you can get HD resolutions and everything will look amazing (1080i is 1920x1080 resolution) but this would require an HDTV, proper video card, and adapter...

I think I need to clarify something too. I know that S-Video isn't anywhere near data grade; the fact that I can't read small text on a TV is the fault of the video output format, not anything else. I use TV-Out for watching movies, where it looks damn good.

My problem is different. Like I said, the output is black and white, with scanlines, regardless of resolution or colour set. It has worked in the past at 1024x768x32.

pburgh, what did you do to make colour come out, when it was producing black and white? It's not my cable, I've tried three.

I have a Geforce3 and the TV-out works alright for movies and stuff although I never expected to be able to read text or anything. The picture is a little warped on the edges and the picture doesnt quite take up the full screen. Is there any way to fix this?

kovermours -> when I first installed the card and tried to use the s-vid out, it was black and white. I shut off the computer and tv, double checked each connection (tv and video card) and then booted up again. This time it had some color, but not perfect. So I went into the ATI control panel and messed around with the color settings. Eventually I was able to get it to where I could "accept" it ;)

I hope that helps you out!

This is a GF4... I've messed with the settings anyway, but all it does is make the black and white tones change.

I've had this problem before, and it was becuase the nVidia drivers detected the TV connection as composite instead of svideo. There is an option under the tv monitor settings to change the output format from composite to svideo. This should fix it.

You mentioned you've messed with some of the settings, so maybe you've already tried this.

Back