now where to?

mkrohn

2[H]4U
the scrypt multipools are back to being crap so where should I point my rigs at now?

the scrypt multipools are back to being crap so where should I point my rigs at now?

Your guess is as good as ours.

I'm taking what I can get from Wafflepool right now and investing in whatever LTC I can afford.

I'm thinking about moving to x11. I think the power savings will make up for any loss in profits I may incur.

I'm on darkcoin. Saving 100watts per 290x. Not having to run AC as often is well worth the profit hit. I have gridseeds for scrypt anyway.

Nicehash is a good place to put scrypt miners for brainless leasing of hash. Ipominer is also good, but you need to watch your markets like a hawk.

When in doubt, I turn back to LTC on liteguardian.

I just moved to x11. Sweet jesus that power and heat savings are awesome. House isn't a sauna anymore.

Yep. My mining room is sitting at 90F but on X11 the GPUs are sitting at 72C with less than 50% fan.
On Scrypt just two days ago they were at 80C+ and the fans were having a hard time keeping them at that.

Which coins are you mining on X11? Been looking at switching some of mine over but haven't looked at the process of doing so or if what I would need to change to migrate to X11.

http://getpimp.org

makes swapping coins, pools really easy.

downloading now, Maybe instead of studying for the last final I have I'll be forced to play with this after my job interview LOL

If I get a good job even with small profits I'll probably expand some more if the heat gets under control

downloading now, Maybe instead of studying for the last final I have I'll be forced to play with this after my job interview LOL

If I get a good job even with small profits I'll probably expand some more if the heat gets under control

#PiMP on freenode if you got questions.

Good luck with that.
Seems X11 requires a lot less tuning.
Or at least tuning makes little difference that I can see.

yeah I've been just setting the clocks so far. The pool manager has really come along quite a bit since last time I played with it.

Rejectmining.com, we added Badger today. Come get some sweet x11 goodness with us. We found our first block a few hours ago.

Agreed with all the others saying X11. I stopped mining as anything but a passing hobby awhile ago, but I was getting ~485KH/s on a 270x (I haven't fine tuned in a while and was still running cgminer) @150watts or so, moved to X11 and I'm getting 1.45MH/s at ~75-80 watts (I realize that different kernels give COMPLETELY different hash rates, it's just something to keep in mind if you look at BTC/altcoin per hash rate). Less power consumption seems to be the future of crypto, atleast for gpu miners.

I may start mining X11 here and there. I did mine some VTC. So I might split among my five rigs.

I haven't checked the other X11 coins, but I think Darkcoin has potential as it was one of the first X11 coins (iirc) and by nature of their design, they may pickup the illegal market trade. If they did, that'd push a lot of volume.

We've added Hirocoin at Rejectmining.com, so when you're done chasing badgers with us, you can mine Hirocoin for steady profits. If we get enough x11 hash, we'll add Darkcoin.

I'm doing one last push on Scryt for the next 2 days with my 8Mhash... going to round out my total LTC holdings to 50 (i feel like such a baller, not)

After that I need to take some time on my days off to move my rigs to X11, we are starting to regularly hit 90F during the day here in n. texas - with 110F+ days on the way.

The hardest part is picking a coin to mine, from the sound of it Hiro and DarkCoin have been around for a while and I wouldn't be able to rake in tons of coins when i DO get started.

Hopefully there are some profit calcs out there (at work now and can't really go free roaming on the internet) Power is uber cheap for me (5 cents per kwh) so the savings in power cost isn't as great for my little 15GPU farm.

You can make quite a few Hiro with that farm but Dark coin not so much.
I'm only averaging about 4 a day.
Also, I've noticed the Dark pools are up and down a bit, as in no net connection.
That's happening right now on the two I use and so the farm has dropped back to Hiro.

What I'm doing is getting all of my rigs upgraded to pimp and setting things up so I can switch between any of the algo's with a couple of quick clicks. Right now about half my power is scrypt and about half is X11 but I'll diversify a bit more and at least be prepared to roll on anything.

I'm just now setting some stuff up for betarigs so it'll be interesting to see if that will do well for me. I'm thinking when a decently hyped coin comes around they'll sell out and I just pull the availability of a rig setup for a certain kernel and jump everything to the current "hot" setup.

What I'm doing is getting all of my rigs upgraded to pimp and setting things up so I can switch between any of the algo's with a couple of quick clicks. Right now about half my power is scrypt and about half is X11 but I'll diversify a bit more and at least be prepared to roll on anything.

I'm just now setting some stuff up for betarigs so it'll be interesting to see if that will do well for me. I'm thinking when a decently hyped coin comes around they'll sell out and I just pull the availability of a rig setup for a certain kernel and jump everything to the current "hot" setup.

I have a very basic version of this setup on my rigs. Basically I setup a series of batch files LTC, WDC, BC, DOGE, whatever... using TightVNC to manage the machines directly.

I really should look into buying CGRemote as i've heard it can let me manage from a single window all clients on a network, Ive just been a lazy cheap ass the past few weeks since I've gotten all my rigs solid and stable.

I need to budget some time to get my router and a VPN connection going so I can remote in via my phone and manage stuff if I need to. Being gone 12+ hours for work during the day a lot can happen in the crypto world.

I have a very basic version of this setup on my rigs. Basically I setup a series of batch files LTC, WDC, BC, DOGE, whatever... using TightVNC to manage the machines directly.

I really should look into buying CGRemote as i've heard it can let me manage from a single window all clients on a network, Ive just been a lazy cheap ass the past few weeks since I've gotten all my rigs solid and stable.

I need to budget some time to get my router and a VPN connection going so I can remote in via my phone and manage stuff if I need to. Being gone 12+ hours for work during the day a lot can happen in the crypto world.

Dude, get CGremote... hands down the BEST investment I made for my farm.

Cgremote will only do management if your rigs are all running windows. I've lost too much time dicking with windows. I am only using cgremote for monitoring now and thats it. It won't do anything else for linux rigs. I get a much more stable experience by just using linux.

Cgremote will only do management if your rigs are all running windows. I've lost too much time dicking with windows. I am only using cgremote for monitoring now and thats it. It won't do anything else for linux rigs. I get a much more stable experience by just using linux.

Same. I have CGRemote for monitoring. I also have a Raspberry Pi running Raspian which runs a Linux monitor. It checks the API stream and when it detects a fault (sick, bad shares, etc), it SSH's in and does a reboot.

Works great.

Manages just fine for me in ubuntu for restarting rigs on low hash/sick/dead cards.

Manages just fine for me in ubuntu for restarting rigs on low hash/sick/dead cards.

restarts just the miner like cgminer or sgminer yes.

That's not really doing much though. I converted to pimp recently and use that for the real management. I made a simple file with links to the IP's for management so I just look on cgremote for any problems then pull up the actual management page if needed or to change things like pools or something.

What cgremote is great for is when in a windows only environment using cgwatcher. that is when cool things can be done. It is still basically just a basic monitor when you're running linux.

Same. I have CGRemote for monitoring. I also have a Raspberry Pi running Raspian which runs a Linux monitor. It checks the API stream and when it detects a fault (sick, bad shares, etc), it SSH's in and does a reboot.

Works great.

got a link to a guide? I'll order a pi right away for that LOL

restarts just the miner like cgminer or sgminer yes.

That's not really doing much though. I converted to pimp recently and use that for the real management. I made a simple file with links to the IP's for management so I just look on cgremote for any problems then pull up the actual management page if needed or to change things like pools or something.

What cgremote is great for is when in a windows only environment using cgwatcher. that is when cool things can be done. It is still basically just a basic monitor when you're running linux.

You can easily change pools through cgremote and have them added to your config. The only thing you can't easily do is change algos, but that's due to needing the specialized miners--I'd love to be able to link multiple instances of sgminer/cgminer to algos and be able to swap in cgremote (I have a feeling this will ultimately become a feature). Since I have scripts setup in ubuntu, I can easily SSH and switch algos, much like setting up multiple batch files in Win. So no, it's no basic monitor on my end. Your setup is different I'm sure.

I actually set PIMP up on one rig and really liked it, however, not sure I want to spend the time tinkering anymore with my farm now that it is running the way I want it.

got a link to a guide? I'll order a pi right away for that LOL

It's more of a homebrew. The reason for the PI was that I initially was setting it up to be able to auto hard-shutdown the rigs if one hanged and couldn't be rebooted remotely. I haven't needed that feature as much since it was when I did my tweaking/configuration.

Now I just use the Pi as a Linux server to monitor the rigs. I originally had it on one of the rigs, but if for some reason it locked, I lost monitoring ability.

Basic Guide:
- Get Pi (or beagle bone black, which is about the same price and a lot more expandable. It was sold out when I ordered)

- Follow a Raspian guide. I used the one on the official pi site. Probably need to install/configure the RDP for remote desktop if you want it. Google RDP on Raspian.

- Download and install script below.
- Follow instructions
- Setup cron job

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=17772.0

You basically just install that script, download any required gets, configure, run it, connect to each SSH via script to store keys, setup cronjob using the cron flag ie: "mine.sh cron".

oh, I have a linux file server here already. I'll just have to play with that script on my file server.

Made a nice batch for targeted coins on multipool.us, coinotron, Set up some convenient global vars at the top for easy changes. Have to integrate and merge in vertcoin/doge batch scripts still.

One liner with 4 GPUs is the heart of it, easy enough to define and set the vars, still hardcoded on the temps.
Below is 1x7970, 3xR9290

start cmd /high /k "color 0A&& C:\guiminer-scrypt_win32_binaries_v0.04\cgminer\cgminer.exe --scrypt -u %USER%.%COIN% -p %PASS% -o %MINER%:%PORT% --gpu-platform 0 --thread-concurrency %TC0%,%TC1%,%TC2%,3%TC3% --no-submit-stale --intensity %GPU0_INTENSITY%,%GPU1_INTENSITY%,%GPU2_INTENSITY%,%GPU3_INTENSITY% --auto-fan --gpu-fan 70-90 --temp-target 83,86,86,86 --temp-overheat 86,89,89,89 --temp-cutoff 88,92,92,92 --gpu-powertune %POWERTUNE% --api-listen --api-allow W:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"

Back