Not having played any Elder Scrolls....

Moose777

2[H]4U
And just picking up Oblivion because I've been hearing a lot of good things about it I have one question.

Will I, be completely lost in the story; especially since I don't know the stories of the other 3 Elder Scroll games?

I ask cause I'm looking at this map of the Province of Cyrodiil and I don't know anything about any of the places listed on it.

So, does someone want to give me some background or is there a site I can go to, to catch up or will I be ok?

I haven't played any of the other Elder Scrolls games either, and am a good 30 hours into the game without issues. There are references to the other lands, but nothing that really affects you other than them mentioning the names :).

Apparently all the games are distinct stories from one another and don't have a direct impact on the subsequent games. Which is a good thing, i suppose. If you want some backstory go to the Elder Scrolls website and look in the 10th anniversary section for the plots of the previous games. If you got the special edition of Oblivion, the pocket guide's section on Morrowind references the plot of that game, especially the parts concerning Nerevar, the Tribunal, and Dagoth Ur.

I like this game. But I want to do everything, all of the skills that is. I ended up creating my own class "Palidamor" hopefully I can work on all of the skills? I want to be good with combat and magic. So, I kind of centered the class around both. I want to be able to steal things too.

Right now I'm in the sewers. I killed one zombie and a few goblins. I like the bow and arrow personally. Its quiet and deadly and I'm pretty good at plinking goblins off from a distance.

The magic thing I'm having trouble with. I don't know how to use any of it. I wish I could equip more than one spell at a time. Right now the spells I have are lockpick, life force and one other one. Plus I have a goblin staff thats pretty cool, it electrocutes stuff. At least it does rats. I can't wait to get out of the sewers so I can see whats going on on the surface.

Oh, and no I didn't get the special version.

I'm really enjoying this game. I dont feel lost at all despite having never played the other games

That is the cool thing about the ElderScroll series - they are independant of one another. I installed 3, but never played it (still don't remember why), but played 1 and 2, and so far there's nothing in Oblivion that I feel I'm missing.

Peace,
Tim

aye, it's alot like the Final Fantasy series in that all the games have some common items, but other than that you don't need to have played the others to enjoy and understand what is going on.

How do you tell time? I mean aside for getting a room. I joined the Arena, I want to beat that Ogre dude. I figured this would be the easiest way to make money. But it sucks cause I dunno how to tell the time cause there are no clocks and I don't want to be late for the match.

Open up the quest menu map and it will tell you the time and date.
Or press "T" to see.

Thanks. I'll have to do that.

Well, the one thing I was concentrating on was being a gladiator. I've beaten everyone now I'm fighting once a week. I made enough money to be able to buy myself some armor. I bought steel armor. One thing bothers me though.

I have no pants.

Yup. Thats right. I'm pantsless. I bought all this fancy armor and not one single armor shop sells the steel Greaves (you know, the pants that go with your armor). I've been thinking about killing one of the Imperial soldiers just to steal his pants. But I want one of the fancy looking guys armor. Except one thing, I can't kill them because I get arrested and you can't seem to catch them alone in some dark alley. I did manage to steal some money off a soldier who had his back to me. But then I got arrested when I awlked out of the house he was in.

Back