noob 3dmark score question

paco

Gawd
I finally got a decent video card 9700 pro, so I decided to benchmark it and see if I'm anywhere near where I should be. I'm used 3dmark 01 and got a score of 9824. Nothing is overclocked, just running everything at normal speeds.

What do you think? I know it isn't high, but is it too low? Adequate?

Well, after reloading my chipset drivers, I have much better scores.
I got 4561 on 3DMark 03 w/ a CPU score of 311.
I got 10305 on 3DMark 01

I'm sure my score would go up a bit on 01 with a faster CPU, which may come soon. Hopefully.

:p

yes I'd say you are severely cpu limited, what resolutions are you running/details on what specs u have running ie 2xaa/4xaf

CleanSlate said:
yes I'd say you are severely cpu limited, what resolutions are you running/details on what specs u have running ie 2xaa/4xaf

I'm running the defaults for 3dmark 03. Looks to be 1024x768. Pixel Processing: None, Texture Filtering Optimal, Max Anisotropy: 4, Vertex Shaders: Optimal. On the Free version, it doesn't let you change anytime.

On 01 I have 1024x768, 32bit color, antialiasing and game detail is low.

I haven't really played with anything else yet. Just ran them at the default settings.

I don't OC, but any suggestions to get better scores? I hope to upgrade my CPU soon. I was hoping to get an Athlon 64, but I don't think I'll be able to afford it. I'll probably get a Barton 2500+ or something in that range.

paco said:
I finally got a decent video card 9700 pro, so I decided to benchmark it and see if I'm anywhere near where I should be. I'm used 3dmark 01 and got a score of 9824. Nothing is overclocked, just running everything at normal speeds.

What do you think? I know it isn't high, but is it too low? Adequate?

I have seen 9700 pros score 23000 in 01...

theelviscerator said:
I have seen 9700 pros score 23000 in 01...

Yeah, but what setup are they running?I'm sure they had a better cpu, ram and mobo and were probably OC'ing as well. Not to mention better cooling. 23000 would be nice. If I can get anywhere near 15000 I'd be happy. It still blows my old MX440 card out of the water.

Make sure all your ATI 3d settings are set to default. my friend gets atleast 15,000 on his 9700pro.

Go into your ati driver control panel and select the direct 3d settings. Change everything to the left (performance) and turn everything else on the bottom also to the left (off). Also, make sure the aa af boxes are checked. These settings will greatly improve your benchmark scores.

I'm positive if you upgrade to like a 2500+ and overclock it to 2.3-2.4 you will get at least 14-15000. I score around 15500 with my cpu at 2.2 with a 9800.

Hey Paco, 10,000 is just fine for a 1600xp+9700pro. I had an 1800xp and 9700pro,and could just squeeze that out.

OrionNT said:
Go into your ati driver control panel and select the direct 3d settings. Change everything to the left (performance) and turn everything else on the bottom also to the left (off). Also, make sure the aa af boxes are checked. These settings will greatly improve your benchmark scores.
True you'll get better benches, but your games will look like crap. Make sure you reset them when you want to game again.

haroldmeyer said:
Hey Paco, 10,000 is just fine for a 1600xp+9700pro. I had an 1800xp and 9700pro,and could just squeeze that out.

Cool. As long as I know that it isn't a horrible score, that's fine with me.

i never used 3dmark before and didnt really wanna download the big ass file for it yet..but what is bettin a lower numberscore or higher?

Back