no my computer icon in school

MAXXMODDER

Limp Gawd
on the science lab network at my school there is no IE or my computer icons on the desktop or anywhere that are accesable, but somehow this really annoying kid in my class was able to bypass or just figured out where the hid it. how did he do it! ha, I must know :)

heh
:rolleyes:

before this gets locked or something
its not terribly difficult, if you can get ctl+alt+del to work, you can run anything from there, or if you can get a program with an open file prompt, you can get to the HDD and do shit from there....just google for getting around windows security lol...i didnt say that tho

no to both of those replys, and I just noticed the sticky at the top of the forum... sorry moderators delete if necissary, oh and for the record even ctrl+f (find) doesent work lol thanks for trying and sorry again for not following the rules

if i may ask, what are these computers used for that the admins don't want 'normal' people using them for internet?

there used for video editing, auto cad, flash, photoshop, MS office, I guess they don't want the kids fooling around. that network is seperate from the rest of the school, everyother computer has internet access. but the computers in the particular room are nicer and run win XP with is just a novelty to me becuause i'm used to win 2k

They took it off for a reason. Dont mess with trying to get around it. The consequences of you trying and/or succeeding can be a lot worse than this thread getting locked or your posting rights removed for you posting about this. You could get your lab rights at school taken away permanently or for the semester, or get suspended. I know people that has happened to. You're better off forgetting about even trying.

you could also just ask some computer tech guy/department professor if you could 'legally' use internet explorer, but chances are they'll say no. maybe they'll give you the reason.

three words:

Office-insert object

now if you arent gifted enough to know how to use that info then oh well :)

Steve

Originally posted by Boscoh
They took it off for a reason. Dont mess with trying to get around it. The consequences of you trying and/or succeeding can be a lot worse than this thread getting locked or your posting rights removed for you posting about this. You could get your lab rights at school taken away permanently or for the semester, or get suspended. I know people that has happened to. You're better off forgetting about even trying.

i know i guess i should give up. sorry

I can speak from experience: don't mess around with school computers. Last year, I was playing around and sent a Netsend message to every computer in the district. They weren't too happy. I think they forgave me though, since they then hired me to work in the technology department over the summer.

a "tip"
sometimes you can still make desktop shortcuts, so go into word and press open and browse to the app you want to run, send it to desktop as shortcut. You can usually run any app this way, abeit most likely with read only privilidges. So open a command prompt and see what you can turn up. You could also make a shortcut to explorer...

From experience if the admin hasn't applied a policy blocking all but certain applications from running, the shortcut idea should work. But the way it seems, they really don't want you doing anything and if i were in their shoes, i'd block everything but the few programs from being run unless on the valid list. I'm sure your admin is a fan of GPO's.

usually those security things are thgere for a reason...
PM me and ill discuss this with you in some depth if you can give me a valid reason.

Back